+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    everyone for your scary experiences. Some sound very scary.

My dd was about 2.5 months old when I put her on a couch while I went through a washing basket to find clothes to wear. She was happily sitting up in the corner of the couch (corner unit) and I turned around for maybe 2 seconds to look at the washing basket and heard a squeak, then I turned back to see her sliding off the couch head first onto the floor. Poor baby screamed and screamed and I cried, but she was fine. She must have just thrown herself forward whilst sitting up. Now if she's on a couch/bed/chair/etc it's only in the arms of an adult. Very scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD2 almost drowned this summer, despite DH and his dad being right there IN the pool with her.
    She was blue when they pulled her out.
    I vomit whenever I think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The other day I went out the front to move the car and my DD who's just 2 reached up and pushed the lock on the door handle and locked me out!!!!!! all other doors and windows were locked. I was in my pjs with no phone or keys or anything!!! Luckily I got her to unlock the door eventually. I seemed like ages tho and she was starting to get a bit upset (so was I)

Another time DH left her on the couch and walked out of the room. She rolled off of course and fell on her face. Good one love.

Some of these stories are very scary I feel for you guys it's the worst feeling imagining harm coming to your little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD fell off the couch last week. I had left her sitting back (low deep couch) next to DF & walked out of the room. Heard a thump, DF said "OH S*@T!" then I ran back in to see DF picking up DD who had dived head-first off the couch & crash landed face first on the floor, narrowly missing the coffee table.. DD was ok, cried for a few minutes but not a bruise thankfully. She had moved too fast for DF to grab her.. we both felt awful.

to everyone.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was 18 months my mum went to go down the road to the shops and she told my dad who was she was leaving and to watch me, he fell asleep on the couch and I followed my mum out the door, at the time our house backed onto bush with old abandoned mines littered through it and down the en of the street was an unfenced storm water drain, my mum came home an hour later and I wasn't there, took them a while to find me, I was playing in a neighbors back yard. I can't imagine how they felt!

Also in the car once my mum gave me my first go at cows milk and I turned blue within minutes and had stopped breathing.

Oh and when we were older..I think I would of been 5? My brothers 7 and 3 we decided to nik matches out of the office and make a fire in the middle of a wheat field in 45oC heat. Yeah lol.

The other week DS2 pulled the head off a live extension cord (he was pretending to put a fire out) and the power went out, he screamed blue murder and had a burn on his hand, DS1 was telling me he saw lightening so we went off to hospital he was fine and it turned out the wires had arched and melted together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've been letting jasper run ahead walking up the street because it's a quiet street, and today he was maybe 4 meters in front of me and then 4 meters in front of him a car reversed suddenly out of no where on a totally blind drive way. She actually stopped when she saw him, and looked startled.

Now no way would she have hit him, BUT had he been 5 meters further forward she wouldn't have seen him - because there is absolutely no visibility because of the hedge and she came down so fast. Even though he was not in any direct danger it made me want to throw up.

I'll be holding his hand along the street from now on!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A couple of months ago DD and I were walking through a big shopping centre carpark. We were walking through two rows of cars on the pedestrian crossing bit in between them. I had my arms full so DD was walking next to me but not holding my hand.

Anyway, I looked down and she wasn't next to me. I turned around and I couldn't see her. I called out to her but no answer. I had a heart attack.

I ran back down the crossing looking in between cars in either side and yelling her name. The carpark wasn't as busy as it could have been but there were still cars driving around.

Anyway, I turned around in a total panic planning to race to car and dump stuff next to it (we had almost been at the car when I couldn't see her) and there she was. Right where she had been standing the whole time. She had just turned next to me when i looked for her so she was ever so slightly behind me meaning I couldn't easily see her with my arms full.

In hindsight I realise obviously she hadn't had a chance to disappear on me as we had been talking the whole time, but that moment of sheer terror when I thought she had gone completely threw all rational thought processes out of my mind.

She gets a great kick out of reminding me about it every time we park nearby. 'Mummy. You were yelling out at me but I was right there. Silly mummy.'

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh NB you reminded me apparently when I was 2 I stepped out between cars onto the road and was almost hit by a car, lucky my brother pulled me back and I've also gone to cross the road when I was school aged without looking and the same brother yanked me back just as a semi trailer went past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my daughter was tiny and woke for a night feed I used to feed her sitting up in bed holding her in my arms. Being a newbie she would often feed for 45-60 minutes and one night I fell asleep while she was feeding. I woke up with a huge start when I felt her start to roll out of my arms. If I hadn't woken up and pulled her back in time she'd have landed on her head on the tiles. I still have nightmares about that. I never let myself fall asleep feeding her again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meatpopsicle View Post
    When my daughter was tiny and woke for a night feed I used to feed her sitting up in bed holding her in my arms. Being a newbie she would often feed for 45-60 minutes and one night I fell asleep while she was feeding. I woke up with a huge start when I felt her start to roll out of my arms. If I hadn't woken up and pulled her back in time she'd have landed on her head on the tiles. I still have nightmares about that. I never let myself fall asleep feeding her again.
    OMG you reminded me I had a similar experience with DD2, but I was still in hospital and was clearly off my face on endone after my csection, and I was sitting on the edge of the bed feeding her and my arms just gave way. I got control back just in time to catch her.