+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Very little is sacred, apart from number 2's (and 1's for me, see below hehe). I don't fart, pretty much full stop, I do it maybe once a month or 2...and no I'm not kidding, I'm just not gassy Dh however.... farting, burping, stinking out the toilet... gawd he'd kill me if he knew I shared that lol

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Bored on the toilet? I like the solitude.

I assumed all kids like to poo in privacy... maybe my son is just weird. I can't bring myself to start a spin off thread about kids pooing though.
    lol I know what you mean, oh just 5 mins of peace! although even then my 4 yo is yelling out MUMMA!

and nope my son has no shame. Will not only leave the door open, but leave us stinky surprises we are trying so hard to get him to flush as he's at school next year but nope, he rarely does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Dont you get bored? Sometimes I ask him to come talk to me so I don't get lonely
    XH was adament that no talking occurred whilst someone was in the toilet. For him, crossing the threshhold of the toilet was really like passing into another phase of existence. He did all he could to remove bodily functions from his life.

So if he was on the toilet, I was not allowed to talk to him, and if I was on the toilet I was not allowed to talk to anyone. If I was on the toilet and a toddler wouldn't leave me alone, he would go to the other end of the house so that he didn't have to hear me conversing with the toddler whilst I was on the toilet.

Also, when we were looking at houses, he was insistent that the toilet had to be separate from the bathroom. And when we had an ensuite, no-one was allowed to use the toilet that was in the ensuite.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This. And also flossing. I reckon that's a huge turn off watching someone floss so I never do it in front of him. DH and I have been together for 20 years.
    I am grossed out by brushing teeth and will leave the room if someone is brushing their teeth. I cannot look in the mirror when I brush my own teeth. And when I have had to help children brushing their teeth it has made me physically nauseous.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wee's, poos and my chocolate stash.
    All very sacred to me
    Oh and i used to be very private about AF/pads/tampons etc but since he watched <birth our two babies> somehow that doesn't seem so bad anymore he he
    Last edited by Gothel; 24-04-2012 at 19:15. Reason: was probably worded in a TMI way :)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And for all those who think toilet activities are sacred ... well my father is the opposite. When he was having a house built, he specifically chose not to have doors on the toilet (or shower), just a corner to walk around instead. Look at the diagrams below to get the idea. (DD1 was horrified and said that she could never use the toilet in that house.) The first was the ensuite, with no door from the master bedroom. The second was the main toilet and shower, opposite the loungeroom across the hallway, again no doors, just a freestanding wall (that you could walk either side of) to obscure the view of the toilet and shower directly.

With the ensuite, the basin was in the toilet cubical, against the back wall. With the main bathroom, the basins were on the wall that obscured the toilet and shower, so were plainly visible from the loungeroom.
    Code:
     ____  
    |    |       
    |shr |           _  ___  _          
    |__  |          |    |    |
    ___  |          | __ | __ |
    |    |          |    |    |
    |WC  |          | WC | shr|
    |____|          |____|____|
    PS: Whilst I'm not so concerned about the privacy aspect of the shower, I would be worried about getting cold with a lack of a door to keep the warmth in. (There was no door, or even curtain, for the shower itself, let alone the room.)

Edit: I just remembered his reasonings.
    #1 He didn't want doors on the toilet because he doesn't like the idea of someone touching the handle on the toilet door after going to the toilet.
    #2 He didn't want doors on the shower because he doesn't like curtains and screens (plastic or glass) are too difficult to clean. (I don't know why that stopped him having a door to the room however.)
    Last edited by sweetseven; 24-04-2012 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    nothing in our house is sacred, and i mean nothing!

after having kids i have major bowel issues, and when i gotta go i gotta go!! needless to say sometimes he might even be in the shower lol we also announce when one of us is going coz our 19month old daughter thinks its hilarious, and the only way she will let us leave the room is if we tell her we are going to do wee's!

we've been together nearly 10 years and for ages i wouldnt fart, then one day i thought screw it, and did, its hilarious coz i stink AND at night they are silent hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just no 2's and tampons here....although I don't think tampons would bother him anymore as (sorry TMI) I had to have a catheter after DD's birth and when I needed to change pads he had to come help as blood kept running down to catheter tube. We've been togethernearly 10 yrs and when we first got together he used to leave the room just to fart.... I miss those days *sigh*

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont like peeing in front of DP..he thinks its hilarious to just burst into the toilet 3 seconds after Ive sat down and just stare at me..I just cant pee in front of him..however I can pee while he is in the shower so I dunno..I will not poo in front of him..however he has no shame in coming into the bathroom and sitting down for a poo while I brush my teeth..I run out cursing him hahaa..There is no changing of tampons in front of him though..thats just kinda gross.

Farting and burping and all that is fine..we have little competitions on who can do it loudest/longest ahah..I secretly pluck my chin hairs and wax my upper lip (Im of italian heritage so get pretty hairy!) But waxing my lady parts I probably wouldnt care if he saw me doing that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    been together 11 yrs

no toileting for either of us
    no af stuff
    no hair removal stuff
    and he cannot ever use my toothbrush. if anyone even touches it i flip out.
    he can't use my razor
    he can't use my pillow

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub