+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finding out the sex but keeping it a secret

I have my 20 week scan today & I'm so tempted to find out the sex. Hubby is completely against finding out but he won't be at the scan. I'm just worried I'll accidentally spill if I do find out & he'll be upset. Has anyone found out but managed to keep it a secret from everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope cause I suck at secrets. , Maybe you should tell him the reasons why you want to know and if he does not come around you can find out and tell him that you wont say a word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We did this. Some family and very close friends know but everyone else is in the dark.
    It's hard at first and I felt bad for lying but it gets easier...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF and I are finding out but only telling immediate family. If anyone else asks we'll say it's a surprise, which it will be for anyone we won't be telling
    I couldn't find out the sex and not tell DF though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out with our first but didn't tell anyone, not even family. At first it was hard but then it became much easier. This time around we've told everyone it's a boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 1st DD, I wanted to know but FOB didn't want to know. I rang the ultrasound place earlier in the day (as FOB was coming to the scan) and I told them I wanted to know but he didnt and he wouldn't be happy if he found out I was told. So we went and had my scan, at the end I was told I could go to the toilet and when I came out the sonographer met me in the hallway and told me I was having a girl. I was soooo excited! Unfortunately FOB had figured out I found out before we even got home (only a 10min car drive) coz I couldn't stop smiling. At first he told me not to tell him but as the day went on, he couldn't stop thinking about it and insisted since I knew that it was only fair he also knew now. Lucky for me he wasn't really that angry at me over it, finding out he was having a daughter was just as exciting for him as it was for me. We didn't tell anyone else (not even family) till after DD was born and everything pink or girly we brought during the pregnancy we hid in our bedroom cupboard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With our second I wanted to know, and hubby preferred not to, but we did it his way the first time round, so we had hubby step out for a minute and the sonographer told me.

Hubby was cool if I accidentally slipped up, but we wanted to see how long I made it (I'm bad at secrets).

So I made it about 8 weeks without slipping up, but I accidentally let on to my mum and friend, (told my friend if she was having a boy I had some beautiful clothes she could have. Stoopid me!) and so had to rush home and ask hubby if he wanted to know, being that I had made a mistake and couldn't really cover it up.

Mum was REALLY against finding out, but she has admitted that it gave a new dimension to the in-utero bonding. And it's the same surprise, just a few weeks early

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cousin found out what she was having, her husband didn't want to know and she managed to not tell him (god knows how when she wasn't buying anything 'boy' related - although he is pretty much in his own world).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to think I'm pretty good at keeping secrets & I know someone who did, even from her husband. I could easily hid any purchases but if it's a girl I can pretend they're from when dd was a bub. Hubby doesn't usually pay much attention to those things anyway. But if it's a boy it means I can clear out dd's old clothes, sell what I can & use the money for new boy stuff. So confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out and DH told MIL even though we decided not to tell anyone but as far as I know she is the only person who knows.