+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post
    I tried to give him celery sticks and stuff but he just threw them over his high chair. :- (
    It took me 6weeks to get DD to eat/suck food vs throwing it over the side. This was 6-7 mths old. Judy keep offering or let your bub sit on your lap and pick off your plate. Babies mimic you so if youveat with them - they'll copy or attempt to copy you.

Agree with PP about getting a paed referral. It might take a while but you can always cancel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post
    I tried to give him celery sticks and stuff but he just threw them over his high chair. :- (
    that is part of the exploring and learning about food. celery sticks can be stringy and hard for bub, lettuce is another one that is not so easy.

keep offering baby fingerfoods, and he will start to take more in.

some good foods to start with are
    toast fingers,
    steamed pumpkin sticks
    pasta
    watermelon
    mango
    cheese
    roast potato slices
    avocado slices
    cooked apple pieces
    banana
    bits of meat to gum,chew,suck

also yoghurt - let baby play and lick it off his fingers in addition to spoon feeding

lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard when your milk is drying up and you don't know how much they're getting. Some babies do go off milk, not that you want to encourage that but try in the meantime to introduce calcium foods like yogurt and broccoli etc... If he will take it... I had a friend who was almost exactly the same as you with her 1yo. She said it was like he had a fear of food.

Definetly make sure there's no medical issues, and I'm sure a professional could point you in the right direction.

I will ask my friend more about how she dealt with it.