+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Awesome, so along with feeling jealous about other women's births, and feeling guilty about feeling jealous, it's now apparent that these feelings are worthless, useless & doing nothing but destroying my life. Excellent support network here!!
    I understand...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awesome, so along with feeling jealous about other women's births, and feeling guilty about feeling jealous, it's now apparent that these feelings are worthless, useless & doing nothing but destroying my life. Excellent support network here!!
    I hope that's not in response to what I said, because that's not what I meant.
    I meant that some people (NOT everyone) handle jealousy really badly, which can potentially affect them in a negative way, as well as others around them. People can get really, really nasty when it comes to being jealous.
    That doesn't mean feelings of jealousy are worthless, I just think people need to deal with it appropriately and focus on the things that really matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I hope that's not in response to what I said, because that's not what I meant.
    I meant that some people (NOT everyone) handle jealousy really badly, which can potentially affect them in a negative way, as well as others around me. People can get really, really nasty when it comes to being jealous.
    That doesn't mean feelings of jealousy are worthless, I just think people need to deal with it appropriately and focus on the things that really matter.
    Yes I know a few people who haven't dealt with their disappointments and their nastiness really gets others down....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With all due respect, how people deal with their own feelings really isn't something that anyone else has any right to pass judgement on. Especially when they know absolutely nothing about the person & their background.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to be extremely possesive of DH during the first couple of years of meeting him, but that was because he worked with mainly females and he was their manager and they weren't shy in hiding the fact that they were attracted to him! One girl flashed her breasts at him, another declared that she could no longer work for him as she was "in love" with him, and there was a whiteboard at his work that they used to write messages on for him. He was only in his early 20's and me my late teens at the time and it enraged me!
    But I'm heaps more mellow these days.. lol.. they can have him, they wouldn't last a day with him
    I used to envy my friends who could easily have more than 1 baby. I wouldn't say I was jealous, just p!ssed off at the fact that I felt incapable of going through it again due to my past experience with depression and severe anxiety after his birth. I was hard on myself, but not jealous, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With all due respect, how people deal with their own feelings really isn't something that anyone else has any right to pass judgement on. Especially when they know absolutely nothing about the person & their background.
    When it affects me, then I can and will. I'm only speaking from my personal experiences. Ive had friends and family lash out at me because of jealousy. It's not nice and it's not fair, and it affects me when that happens.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 22-04-2012 at 23:42.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    When is affects me, then I can and will. I'm only speaking from my personal experiences. Ive had friends and family lash out at me because of jealousy. It's not nice and it's not fair, and it affects me when that happens.
    That's fine. It wasn't your post I was initially responding to. I should have quoted in the first place but I'm on my iPad and can't multi quote which I would have needed to do.

I agree that jealousy when taken out on others is awful. Not everyone who feels jealous does that. Mine is very much internalised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am totally jealous of lots of people for lots of really stupid things.

I really wish I wasn't jealous, but I don't think it makes me a nasty person... generally my jealousy is dealt with like envy... noticing the beautiful things about other people and wishing I had the same. I generally point out that that thing about them is something enviable, so I hope they don't feel that it's a horrible trait and instead feel some benefit from it. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use too when I was in early 20's but then just learned to work harder, longer and better myself to be able to live a comfortable life. One of the re Asians for us staying here I found it much easier to be able to live the life I want here we were struggling in America and jobs were hard to get once here I saw it so much better and that we now can live nicely and provide not only needs for the kids but their wants too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only get jealous of one thing. Nothing else bothers me. I have thought about this for half an hour now and can come up with nothing I have been jealous of in the last 6 months, except....when i'm walking along the street and I see huge beautiful mansions with humongous front gardens with really tall iron gates and winding footpaths.....I get jealous, I want one! A big one, just like that! I dream that someone will stop me in the street and say 'hey, im dying, do you want my house?'.....Yes I know it's morbid and bad, but it's what I think.