+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I cant waste time focusing on what others have and if its better than what i have... Its wasted energy and it stops me from appreciated what i do have.

People are really awesome at only sharing the good/great parts of their lives with otherrs. No one can ever know what goes on behind closed doors

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-04-2012),MissMuppet  (22-04-2012),sunnyflower  (22-04-2012),threechooks  (23-04-2012),~Marigold~  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know its wasted energy but it's a feeling I sometimes can't help

I wouldn't want anyone to go through the suffering I did either! I suppose I just wish things happened a little differently and I feel envious of those who breeze through things while I struggle!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bec2686 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (22-04-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I get it dear, i really do. I had a horrific birth with my second bub. So much i still have ptsd and now im pregnant again having daily panic attacks...

But if i let it consume me it will easily. And i think the same goes for jealousy. Its defintely understandable when u hear others have had an easier time than u for it to envoke feelings of you wishing your own experience was like that.

Have u had any counciling? Visited any birth trauma support sites?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec2686 View Post
    I know its wasted energy but it's a feeling I sometimes can't help

I wouldn't want anyone to go through the suffering I did either! I suppose I just wish things happened a little differently and I feel envious of those who breeze through things while I struggle!
    Big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    I cant waste time focusing on what others have and if its better than what i have... Its wasted energy and it stops me from appreciated what i do have.

People are really awesome at only sharing the good/great parts of their lives with otherrs. No one can ever know what goes on behind closed doors
    This last part exactly. I'm in a counselling role where I meet some beautiful, intelligent, highly successful people, whom most people would be envious as hell of, and get to see the true story.

You can always find someone who is better looking, richer, funnier etc than yourself, if you let it torture you you'll miss out on enjoying what you have.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't consider myself a jealous person. I just do my own thing and live by my own standards.
    And I think jealousy, along with guilt, are useless and pointless traits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No. I mean everyone feels jealousy at some point of their life, but it's how they handle that jealousy that can be really horrible.
    Jealousy was the thing that ultimately tore my family apart (it was the last straw) and jealousy is not something I will associate with because I can see how devastating it can be - and for what? It tears friendships and families apart if it's not handled appropriately, is it worth it?

(Sorry, just rambling, it's a bit of a sore spot for me ATM)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. Never. I've actually forgotten what jealousy feels like.

I used to have major irrational jealousy issues a long time ago. I also used to see a psyc who helped me work through this & many other things, but it was so long ago I forget the methods /exercises sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome, so along with feeling jealous about other women's births, and feeling guilty about feeling jealous, it's now apparent that these feelings are worthless, useless & doing nothing but destroying my life. Excellent support network here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moxy, I am sure jealousy serves some purpose. But if it consumes your life then yes it will destroy it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWhiteKnight For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (22-04-2012)