View Poll Results: Have you ever been paid compensation?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 37.93%
  • no, never been in a position to claim

13 44.83%
  • no, and I have been in a position to

4 13.79%
  • other

1 3.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Have you ever put in a claim for compensation?

Will add anonymous poll

After reading the other thread I kinda felt awful for receiving compensation as a victim of crime. But then I thought, stuff anyone who thinks that way! A few others were noticeably upset by it too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I have and I was successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. About 15 years ago. And got about $5000. From a car accident.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't, but one was put in on my behalf when I was young. I received a significant amount of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH did last year after an unprovoked attack at a pub, he was glassed in the face and has lost all feeling in half of his mouth he got just over $18k

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor put me on a workers comp claim after I realised what was causing me severe hip pain, I approached my employer and told them that I firmly believed dragging heavy tables around alone was causing it and could someone else assist me with it ...
    I was sent home as apparently I was 'unable' to perform my work duties,

I ended up back at the doctor the next day (id had a few days off because of the lain, went back to work one day and ended up in pain and back at the doctors)

My employer chucked a fit because I was 'seen' lifting grocery bags up my stairs ... LIFTING wasn't the problem, lifting and dragging heavy tables daily was.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup for my knee after a accident and won. I think if it's legit why not . I was bullied at work. Two managers at work noticed it and did nothing. Went on work cover for a week and it was sorted straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes for a neck injury that happened after slipping on a wet floor at work. I got my medical expenses paid for. I was on light duties for a while as I worked in child care. I also did half days.

Recently I have also had a hand injury and I got my medical expenses paid for and a day and a half I had off work because of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never have but know someone who cut her hand on a glass in a pub and got a few thousand compensation for it.
    I wouldn't even know where to start though! I had a minor car accident the other day (woman went up the back of me.) I have neck and back pain and I'm finding picking dd up hurts dh is trying to convince me to follow it through but I don't know how I feel about it. The lady was nice and I think I would feel bad if I pursued anything but I can't ignore my sore back! how timely it is that I found this thread! Giving me something to think about. Hmmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Both my mother and father have.