+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does this sound like...

Teething?

My LO will be 17 weeks next week, and for the past week he has been incredibly grumpy, iritated, waking quite a few times at night, he is constantly rubbing at his cheeks, absolutely screaming the house down and it's a pain kind of cry ( last night he wouldnt stop crying for an hour, i had to pop him in the bath as he was overheating from crying so much , he is gnawing on his hands really really hard, when we feed him he is biting down on the teat, he has gone off his food, at his age the doc said he should be drinking around 150ml per feed but lately he wont even finish 100ml ( only been having 50- 80ml ) I am not too worried about the gone off the food thing as he is a big bub, was 7.5kg at 14 weeks, he has a bit of a red bum, drooling alot and very restless.. Does this sound like teething to you?

If it does, could anyone please tell me what i can do to help my little guy? Im a new mum so ive never have to deal with teething problems. I have given him panadol, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything. He also wears a amber braclet on his ankle but im not sure if is doing anything either..

I feel so helpless, and i get the worst anxiety when he is screaming in pain as i literally dont know what to do to help my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that sm33 gel helps my DS loads when he is teething. It has some anaesthetic in it to numb the gums. Also, when he is suffering badly I give him panadol and nurofen a couple of hours before bed.

It isn't nice seeing your baby in pain, the above definitely worked for me and I hope it does for you too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, the amber bracelet I'm sure does work but it works better when its worn closer to the source of pain so a teething necklace might work better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetara View Post
    Also, the amber bracelet I'm sure does work but it works better when it is closer to the source of pain so a teething necklace might work better?
    Correct

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetara View Post
    Also, the amber bracelet I'm sure does work but it works better when its worn closer to the source of pain so a teething necklace might work better?
    Oh thank you so much! I have the necklace aswell, but im still a bit iffy to put it on him during the night. Maybe he can just wear it during the day while i can see him.

Thanks
    Reviews

aw hugs hun xx

im also a first time mum and know how challenging it can be . It does sound like teething.
    i use bongela to help her out.. and sometimes nurofen to help out as well. Other things i have used that might
    help is a cold face washer to chew on, a teething ring , or a Sophie

hope those teeth pop up soon and give you some relief soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like teething it can be so hard you can give panadol and nurofen at 2 hour intervals: panadol at 10am nurofen at 12 panadol at 2 nurofen at 4, the nurofen is good because it helps the swelling not just the pain. also go on weight not age if bubs is bigger.

I found putting calamine lotion in a bath is great for the bad nappy rash,

A damp face washer kept In the fridge you put it on the jaw that sometimes helps

And most importantly once you have done everything you can take a big breath and know you have done everything you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wrap the amber teething necklace around his ankle at night, i do this for my boys.

It can only help right????!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much everyone. He only woke twice last night for a feed, but kept waking up and crying in the middle of the night.

I hate seeing my baby boy in pain Its the worst!