+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sore c-section scar 2nd pregnancy

I had a ceaser 14 mths ago with dd, she was breech. Im now very early days pregnant - like 5 weeks and my scar has become a bit sore to touch. If its sore now so early , does it get even worse towards full term? Its freaking me out a bit.
    Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was similar my thoughts and i got told it was just it stretching but it wasn't from a doctor anything, eventually i just didn't feel it anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 21 weeks on my second and had a CS 14 months ago. I've only just started to pop out so haven't stretched much yet. I'm semi worried about it too. How long do they say till its healed properly? I think this will be one major thing I'll be bringing up at my hospital appointment tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pain in my scar and I had an almost 4yr gap. My scar still aches even when I'm not pregnant. It's not agonizing but I certainly am aware of it. I think it's pretty normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    I'm 21 weeks on my second and had a CS 14 months ago. I've only just started to pop out so haven't stretched much yet. I'm semi worried about it too. How long do they say till its healed properly? I think this will be one major thing I'll be bringing up at my hospital appointment tomorrow.

In the info i got given when i had my caeser, it said to give it at least 12mths healing time. There are a few layers of tissue that need to repair and heal properly. I guess it's just like any other major surgery, recovery wise. I know women who concieve after 8mths and they were fine tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I had pain in my scar and I had an almost 4yr gap. My scar still aches even when I'm not pregnant. It's not agonizing but I certainly am aware of it. I think it's pretty normal.

^^^yep this too!

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this was a while ago that you posted, but I wanted to reassure you that some stretching discomfort is pretty normal. For me I noticed a lot of stretching and pressure in the first 12 weeks - and pretty much after that I didn't even notice I had a scar. Not even a twinge during labour. So it was the beginning of the preg, not the end that was the worst.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseKathleen For This Useful Post:

nice piece of crumpet  (14-05-2012)