+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The wheelie bin truck and other scary things

What do your pets think of the wheelie bin truck or other things like it? My dog doesn't care. If he is near a window or door, or out in the yard he will have a look but otherwise he doesn't care much. My kitty, however, is terrified. He goes crazuy, clings to me, then watches out the window when he no longer hears it just to make sure it really is gone. The fish is oblivious lol, but I had to include him, he always gets left out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Vacuum cleaner out of the cupboard and kitty disappears into the fourth dimension.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 22-04-2012 at 15:10.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Qwerty For This Useful Post:

share a book  (22-04-2012),Shoopuf  (22-04-2012),~Marigold~  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    What do your pets think of the wheelie bin truck or other things like it? My dog doesn't care. If he is near a window or door, or out in the yard he will have a look but otherwise he doesn't care much. My kitty, however, is terrified. He goes crazuy, clings to me, then watches out the window when he no longer hears it just to make sure it really is gone. The fish is oblivious lol, but I had to include him, he always gets left out.
    My dog goes certifiably insane! He can hear the bl00dy truck from miles away and starts whining, then as it gets closer he barks and runs around frantically. Same with motorbikes, incl the postie. Very annoying, especially since DH has motorbikes :-S

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

share a book  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dog hates the windscreen wipers on if she is in the car - she barks and goes nuts. She also hates going under bridges in the car, she gets terrified.

We don't take her out in the car much now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My wheat bag, weather it's hot or cold my dog hates it, he won't even be in the same room. Have no idea when it started or why.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jayemkayare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Life is so fun with pets!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two Border Collies.

The Female goes NUTS when a storm hits, we have had to get her tablets from the vet (but now I just use Valerian) to deal with her Anxiety.
    She jumps when Fire works go off and we have lost her a few times.
    she'll also bark constantly at a dying bee or wasp on the ground until I go out there to squish it completely.

The male barks at the gargabe truck and jumps at the fence...he also howls in unison with a far off in the distance echoes of a siren.

..I seriously don't know how we haven't copped a letter from dusgruntled neighbors yet! ..I apologise profusely when see the, but they say 'it's fine' ..'we can't hear it' etc etc ..I think the like the sense of security - because If someone unfamiliar walks in either their driveway or ours the dogs alert us.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    .The male barks at the gargabe truck and jumps at the fence...he also howls in unison with a far off in the distance echoes of a siren.
    All the other neighbourhood dogs howl at sirens... Once again, mine barks hysterically :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dog really doesn't bark. Seriously! One of our neighbours asked if she was mute!! BUT she goes nuts when the manager of the complex is around which is funny because we really don't like him! So maybe she knows. Haha. 😳
    But she is afraid of big dogs. Any big dog (she's little!). At the dog beach she's happy until a big dog comes along and then she runs between my legs and hides.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My border collie absolutely goes mental barking and tearing around the house and yard when garbage truck comes at 6am. She cant be controlled. Now when I hear it comming from a distance, I have to tie her up in the garage. This happens every week on end. Why dont they just get used to it? For a smart breed, she sure is a dumb dog.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub