Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I dump the stuff on the verge and tell them to collect it before someone else steals it. Forget the $2000 it's not worth it IMO.
    This Don't hold your breath on the money and just give her stuff back- then there will be no reason for her to contact you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with everyone else on this one - let it go. My aunty was a heroin addict and she was not of sound mind at all, they never are. She broke into our house on numerous occasions (thankfully we were never home) and was violent towards her elderly mother (my grandmother) who was dying of cancer; there are no boundaries for a lot of addicts and the risks are just not worth $2000. While it might seem like a lot of money, nothing is more important than you're families safety x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get what your all saying but by giving back the fridge it leaves DD and I without one and I am about to be evicted due to not being able to afford this place on my own anymore. I was hoping by selling the the bedroom set I may be able to stop DD and I living on the streets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I get what your all saying but by giving back the fridge it leaves DD and I without one and I am about to be evicted due to not being able to afford this place on my own anymore. I was hoping by selling the the bedroom set I may be able to stop DD and I living on the streets.
    Maybe then tell her she can keep the $2k as payment for her items?
    You can't just keep it and sell it - it isn't yours to do with as you please. Doing so can put you in an even worse situation with criminal charges (could, not would).
    So unless she agrees, it's still her stuff and you have no right withholding it, much less selling it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really feel for you.
    You have done a nice thing and been ripped off for it.

But I agree with the others. I would be concerned with making these people angry.
    I would get the fridge moved and have them pick it up from a different location.

I understand it leaves you without a fridge, but I think these people sound unpredictable and slightly dangerous, if pushed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Could you speak to legal aid on the legalities of it all?
    By the sounds of her, she wouldn't persue legal action over it, would she?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Maybe then tell her she can keep the $2k as payment for her items?
    You can't just keep it and sell it - it isn't yours to do with as you please. Doing so can put you in an even worse situation with criminal charges (could, not would).
    So unless she agrees, it's still her stuff and you have no right withholding it, much less selling it.
    I get this but she also has nothing to prove she ever even lived here, no lease, never changed address as she got rent assistance for her previous address and payments into my bank where only ever her name so legally she can't prove she lived here and I have all the evidence of her drug use, threats etc.

I get what everyone's saying about them breaking in again but they also know I have witnesses from the first time and can go to the police already to have them charged. Instead I'm doing the intervention order.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    I get this but she also has nothing to prove she ever even lived here, no lease, never changed address as she got rent assistance for her previous address and payments into my bank where only ever her name so legally she can't prove she lived here and I have all the evidence of her drug use, threats etc.

I get what everyone's saying about them breaking in again but they also know I have witnesses from the first time and can go to the police already to have them charged. Instead I'm doing the intervention order.
    So if push came to shove, you would lie and say she never lived with you? And use her illness against her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Could you speak to legal aid on the legalities of it all?
    By the sounds of her, she wouldn't persue legal action over it, would she?
    I plan on doing that this week. Unfortunately I started back at school last week so I can't go until Thursday.

And exactly, she doesn't have a legal leg to stand on and by law under the abandoned goods act I am entitled to sell things to recover costs, this has been confirmed by my real estate, only difference here is there was no lease, if they did this in a property they rented everything would of been sold by now.

And as for having no fridge, again, I'm studying and living off single parent pension, I would not be able to afford a new fridge until tax time and I have already asked around and no one has one I could even borrow until then so I would be screwed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    So if push came to shove, you would lie and say she never lived with you? And use her illness against her?
    Hell yes! Use her illness against her definitely, she was 10 months clean and about to come off the program, conditions of her moving in where she was not to use in my house, she put my daughters health at risk by leaving dirty syringes within reach of children and smoking in the house. I have no sympathy left, I did, that's why I helped her, and this is what she did to me in return!