+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Blonde or brown?

If your naturally a dark ash blonde have you kept natural colour, gone blonder or browner? I've got lots of very blonde highlights but I've been brunette, red and black before too.
    I'm deciding whether I should keep the blonde or go darker.

What would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I go blonde.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm fairly dark blonde and for the first time in many years I am my natural colour. I had blonde highlights for many years which dried my hair out terribly. It was also a pain to upkeep. I feel so liberated with my natural hair, it's healthier, I have such small hairdresser bills because I just ask for a trim and nothing else and I love being just me with nothing unnatural. I figure I'll rethink my plan when I go grey lol.

What suits you more? Some people suit darker but others look better with light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am tempted to grow out all my colouring though and see how I like my natural colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think past about 25, most women look better going darker. Going a lighter blonde just doesn't look so great on those who are aging IMO...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I prefer blonde- a nice ash/ silver blonde- not a yellow, brassy blonde. Try using an ash shampoo (it is blue shampoo that removes those yellow tones) If you get a half head of ash blond foils, your natural hair could come through a bit underneath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same dark ash natural hair.

From about 17, i had always had platinum blonde hair. I loved my hair!! When i was 19, stupidly while drunk i thought dying my hair black was a really good idea... Until i had regrowth come through and it looked grey! It took about 6 months to get it back to really blonde again and had the same up until 2 months ago, at 28 dyed back to my natural colour.

At first going darker was great, then a week in there were tears because i felt just 'plain Jane' about my hair. Fast forward to now and i Loveeee what i went darker.

Like sassy said, i think there comes a time when darker looks better.

My suggestion... If you go lighter, make sure you find a great hairdresser that specializes in blonde. If you go darker, don't go too dark or your regrowth will look gray

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was bleach blonde when i was young. my hair went a little darker (dark blonde) in my teens now im 25 and dye it darkest brown... Df suggested i went this colour, to make my eyes stand out. i have wanted to go light again but df thinks the dark is better. i actually really like it! and have been told it really suits me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on what suits you.
    Blonde is hard to maintain and can damage your hair even at a hairdresser.
    It looks terrible on me and I am naturally dark blonde. My natural colour washes my features out. I go dark now and it makes my eyes pop.
    However my mum naturally has black hair and she looks amazing in blonde takes 10 years off. She always does blonde now. I really don't agree that blonde ages you I think for many people blonde makes them look younger and more fresh.
    But like I said it depends on your features.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vote going darker... You seem to have pale skin and i think going darker will make your features (particularly eyes) stand out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub