+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Casual relief teachers (CRT) Q

Just wondering how many schools you work for?

How many days per week are you called in (and how many do you work)?

Is it quiet in term 4 when yr 11/12 finish up?

Primary or Secondary?

Melb or another state?

I want to work 3 days per week next year but don't really want to go back perm' just yet. (Too much of a work load with corrections and reports etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I haven't done CRT for many years but I often employed them.
    Term 1 is normally quiet and term 4 busy as this is when lots of teachers experience burn out.
    Hard to get regular work at one school but not impossible. We always went through agency so I would register. This also means you get a look around lots of many varied schools.
    This was in Melbourne for primary.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (22-04-2012)

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do CRT work and permanent work. I work every Friday and pick up other days when I can and when they are offered. It is a good mix as I have a permanent income, including holidays, but I can pick up other days to supplement my income. I also don't do reports. :-)

Our school used to use an agency but rarely do anymore. A lot of schools near me would rather use their own bank of CRTs before going through Resource Ed or another agency.

I didn't get any CRT days in term 1. Term 1 is often slow though. I was offered two but couldn't accept them. We have a parent who does CRT days this year and gets offered most of them as she is already there. Very frustrating. I'm hoping to be offered more this term as my bills are mounting quicker than my income. I try to get a lot in term 4. I put half the extra pay away to use over Christmas and to bridge how there are few days in term 1. Oh, and keep some aside from each pay for tax.

Oh, I'm in Vic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in melb and usually work 2/3 days a week but all through 1 school! Term 2+4 are busiest due to report writing. I'm primary level

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I am comfortable having some weeks no pay, but DH and I want to try and pay of the house loan so we want that extra cash. If I can get 2-3 days per week I will be happy. I would love to test the water next year, but am worried that I wouldn't get much work for weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in SA, high school.
    Last year, I started getting work half way through first term. Although it varied, I usually worked 2 or 3 days a week. There were times when I worked every day for weeks, and others where I only got 1 day a week for a few weeks. It was very rare to go a week without work.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hubby is a secondary english/history teacher. Term one and four is always slow, term one everyone just got back from holidays so all fresh and eager. Term 4, yr 12 leave, so the teachers who teach them, suddenly have a lot more free time and take on casual classes...

Last yr hubs was crt, in term 2 and 3 he got around 5-6 days a fortnight, sometimes nothing for a week then two days the next. In term four he got called in 4 times the entire term (so rough)

He had his name down in about 6 diff schools.

Luckily this yr he got a whole years worth of work, but we are dreading next year >_<

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im in NSW and im primary casual.
    I mostly work for 2 schools and since week 5 of term one I have had minimum 3 days a week. I'm only a new grad too.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I can do CRT in primary too even though I am only Secondary trained, so if secondary is quiet in term 4, that would help out. (Diamond eyes, does your Dh know this?)