+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can you take cows milk onto a flight?

Hi there,
    I'm taking my 18 month old to the UK in a couple of weeks and wondering if we have to take our own cows milk onto the flight? Or if the airline (Royal Brunei) will provide it?
    Also, any tips for surviving the long journey with a little wriggly person appreciated.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We flewto Melboune earlier in the year. Not sure about international but yeah, we took everything (including cows milk) with us. We just had to get rid of it when we went into melbourne the whole friut and veg thing!!)

My first tip would be, take heaps of snacks...NO SUGAR!!! Second, grab a bottle of fenergan just to have on and. We did give DS (15 months) any to start with, we wanted to see how he went...20 mins into the flight he was screaming the plane down so out came the fenergan!! I know its not the best to IMO it was alot less stressfull for all if he went to sleep. BTW, we had a 3 year old with us too

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I travelled with DD that age to uk last year, we travelled brittish airways, I did take my own cow milk but was one packaged in one serve 200ml bottles. I hope your flight is a overnight one. I would pack my own food for the baby and id flight is nt too full request to sit next to an empty chair, those bassinets are small and useless. then theres issue of water, airplane water is way too cold, if you can't carry your water ask for hot water n mix with the cold one, I suggest you have your own bottles aswell. also take spoons n containers if your child is like mine and wont eat from bottles lastly extra blanket for bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hers&Hers View Post
    I travelled with DD that age to uk last year, we travelled brittish airways, I did take my own cow milk but was one packaged in one serve 200ml bottles. I hope your flight is a overnight one. I would pack my own food for the baby and id flight is nt too full request to sit next to an empty chair, those bassinets are small and useless. then theres issue of water, airplane water is way too cold, if you can't carry your water ask for hot water n mix with the cold one, I suggest you have your own bottles aswell. also take spoons n containers if your child is like mine and wont eat from bottles lastly extra blanket for bub.
    Agree with everything! Let the airline know you are flying with bub and sometimes they provide milk.