+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant Following Miscarriage

Hi

My husband and I lost our precious baby at 7 weeks, though it appeared to have stopped growing at 5.5 weeks. That was back in early February, and I had one natural cycle and now find that I am 4 weeks pregnant. I'm thrilled, but can't help but feel terrified that the same thing is going to happen again. Last time we told all our family we were expecting but have decided to wait this time until we know that the baby's ok. I'd love to chat with other women who have been in the same situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pregnant after two miscarriages. It's very scary and full of anxiety.
    Last m/c we went for a progress scan at 9 weeks only to find baby had died at 7+3 ish. I didn't even know there was a thing called a missed miscarriage. I'm now 8 weeks and I try not to worry but I can't help it. My doctor says just because it's happened before doesn't mean it will happen again. I was very fearful of getting pregnant again but I couldn't let fear run our lives and then miss out on at least trying for a baby.
    I think it's perfectly normal to worry, there are lots of women on here in the same boat. Just take each day as it comes, that's really all you can do. So sorry for what you've been through and I hope this is the sticky one for you. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps... I believe this one is right, just feels different. Just can't wait to see a heartbeat and healthy bub then I'm sure I'll relax! All the best to you also, please stay in touch and let me know how you're getting on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam 6 weeks pregnant after 5 m/s over the last 7 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    My story is quite similar to yours.. I fell pregnant in June last year, we found out in August (I was about 7 weeks along). We didn't have a dating scan so our first scan was 12 weeks where we found out I had suffered a missed miscarriage and the baby had died at 8 weeks. DP and I decided that in Nov we would try again and successfully fell first attempt. We had a scare at 6 weeks where I thought I had m/c again but internal scan showed all was good and we seen a heart beat at 5w3d =] I am now 24 weeks pregnant with a healthy, perfect, active little baby (the gender is a surprise). For me the fear of losing my baby after a m/c never goes away, it always lingers in the back of my mind but each little milestone gives you a little more hope and makes it easier to be positive. Good luck for a healthy bub and a wonderful pregnancy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had two m/c at 6 weeks and am currently 28 weeks pregnant. I've had fear the whole way but it's easier once you feel the baby kicking as there is some reassurance things are going ok. I had a threatened m/c early on and had spotting between 6-10 weeks so I was always on edge that it wasn't going to work out. All the best for your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently 17 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage last year. when i went for my first scan this time around i half expected to be told that i wasnt really pregnant at all or that the baby had died. But all is going well so far. I think when you experience a miscarriage it goes to show it can happen to anyone. Before I knew miscarriages happened but didnt really think it was something i needed to worry about. Now i know it can happen to me its a little harder not to think about. When i was pregnant the first time my husband was telling EVERYONE. this time round we waited until the 12 week scan.

best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey
    i have a healthy 10 month old baby girl, after a miscarriage . & i was the same as you. Worried about everything, freaking out if this pregnancy was going to end in a miscarriage.. i just wanted to wrap my self up in cotton wool..My whole pregnancy was a breeze and i had no complications at all. i guess the worry will never stop until ur holding ur beautiful baby.. but try to relax and enjoy it hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a miscarriage in May 2011... I was scared about falling pregnant again... and when I did I asked the doc for a blood test every 3 days (I had about 5 blood tests....lol) just so I could see my HCG raising....

After my scans and blood tests all came back OK, I stopped worrying so much... I'm now 34 weeks with a very active little boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a strong believer in things happening for a reason after suffering two miscarriages before my 4.5yo DD and one in between her and my 2.5yo DS. As of today I am 12 weeks with our third. This is my 6th pregnancy and I look back now and truly believe if I didn't go through what I've been through, my DD & DS wouldn't be the amazing little ppl they are today. Good luck and wishing the world of happiness with your little ones :-)