+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    There is no twirling allowed here either. Not in supermarkets.

I'm all for children being children - but I'm also all for safety of my daughter and other people. The amount of times I have nearly hit a child with a trolley because their parent thinks it's fine for them to run amok in a busy shopping centre is ridiculous. Then I get dirty looks for it.

I think learning what's appropriate behaviour in different areas is important, so I have no qualms about expecting my daughter to stand by me, not run around or act a fool, etc in a shopping centre. It's for her safety and that of others.

She can do silly things at home or at the park.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-04-2012),Lulu56  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I must be the meanest mum. There is no twirling, dancing etc in the shops. It's not the place for it IMO. I even have that rule inside my shed/house there is just not enough room. Go onto the slab or out in the yard and i will be the first one to join in. My kids need help in learning what is ok to do where. They don't have the skill to just pick it up.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 23-04-2012 at 12:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im glad im not the only one who would try to stop the behaviour, was starting to think I must just be a real b!tch to my kid.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It could also be that her kids know what they are and aren't allowed to do, and where and when they're allowed to do it, so you encouraging them to do something they aren't allowed to do could be extremely frustrating for her, and if you continuously do it, it would mean she has to be stricter to keep them from doing what they aren't meant to, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    just let her go.

you dont like her so just cut ties.

maybe she will go and find a friend that likes her and that will help her to relax.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there more to it OP? I don't allow twirling in supermarkets either...or restaurants, cafes, libraries...it's not the place....I am FAR from a cotton wool parent though! Far from it, I just believe in teaching appropriate behaviour from a young age, I take my 5 kids everywhere so they can learn to control their behaviour and know what's appropriate. My children live in the swimming pool or up trees, they are definitely allowed to be kids
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 23-04-2012 at 12:14. Reason: g

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    He has plenty of support and a husband that does whatever she says. I've known her for a very very long time and she is controlling we've argued about more than just her kids. I think she likes to be in control like if we go out and I make a suggestion for a date she says no another date would be better and then she has on Facebook that day that she is just doing her washing or something else that just as mundane. Or if I let her pick the day then I suggest the time it's not good for her however having said that I tried to just let her pick everything and then she says whatever I'm easy until I actually make a suggestion then she's not as easy as she first mentioned. That's why it's been 4 months since I last seen her.

I don't know if she's anxious I know she hates being a mum she's hold me
    Several times that she wanted to have freedom like I had (before I had DS) when all I wanted to have kids of my own it was hard to hear her hating it so much.
    It sounds like you don't actually like her much, so I'd just let the friendship go for both your sakes.

Mothers get so much judgment - kids too noisy, too little discipline, or too much discipline, not enough fun etc etc. Friends should be a safe place away from all that pressure to always get the balance right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend who is like yours OP. I love her to death, but she is really uptight. I don't say anything because it's none of my business - but I know she will be commenting on my parenting when I have my little one. She already drives me mental with her constant, "You won't be able to have a drug free labour so just take the drugs when they're offered." and "Don't be depressed when you can't breastfeed." I think it's her way of trying to help, and I also think she is trying to make her own experiences seem less upsetting by finding/creating someone who shares them. Anyway - my point is, her constantly telling me how things are for me or what to do makes me do the opposite. I am deliberately contrary without realising till later. Could this be why she appears so harsh on her DD while you are around? Maybe it is a direct result of how she feels around you?