+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I think you have grown apart and should probably let the friendship go.

It sounds like you a relaxed mummy and that is lovely.
    she sounds more anxious.

neither are wrong.

maybe she feels uncomfy around you so she is more uptight.

some women find it hard to play and to let their kids go.

I think you both need space to be who you are.
    Oh I have tried to let it go but she won't have a bar of it. It's really uncomfortable being around her when she tells her kids off, she goes on and on and on about whatever it is.

It's such a shame coz they are lovely kids and I actually don't think that they are doing anything wrong. I feel like she has them as an accessory sometimes dressing them in only brand name clothes and then complaining she has no money, saying how much she loves them on Facebook and telling me she hates being a mum and they drive her nut, it's all for show.

She wants them to sit and be quiet and do everything they are told straight away. They have a great yard they are not allowed out in, we are totally different people. I love being a mum she hates it, I am happy to go out with my DS she'd rather not go anywhere with them. I like staying home with DH and DS, she can't wait to get out of the house without hers. We're become 2 very different people. I don't remember her being like this before she got married and had kids. I don't know if that's because I wasn't married didn't have kids and happy to do whatever she wanted.

Maybe she is uncomfortable around me, I never really thought about it, I have always been more focused on being uncomfortable around her.

Sorry for continuing to vent but thanks for listening (so to speak)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She sounds horrible. Meh I wouldn't answer my phone to her, she'll get the hint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a shame for her kids I hope she realises what she's doing and learns to enjoy them more. It sounds like you should stick to friends who are more like you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe she's just struggling? For some people mothering is natural , others struggle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-04-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i think when people struggle to control things, its often because they feel out of control on the inside. If you don't remember her being like this before kids, maybe she has Pnd or anxiety? I don't know her so that's just totally a guess... I can imagine how its hard to watch though...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I'd rather my kids stand next to me and twirl in a supermarket than be bored and scared of sitting in the trolley so they scream their heads off.
    As far as it being dangerous, well cotton wool comes to mind there.
    I agree with this. As long as my DD isn't upsetting other people, if twirling keeps her happy/occupied then so be it!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister is a control freak and probably will be the same with her kids one day. It's because she has ocd more than anything. I don't envy her future kids!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I must be the crappest parent ever to the outside world.

Supermarket shelves are sharp btw, ive been scraped many a time when i used to work in one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    me too babe!
    years of nightfill gives me the shakes..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

Supermarket shelves are sharp btw, ive been scraped many a time when i used to work in one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

You can add me to that list aswell!

OP, I would react the same as your friend did in the supermarket. I completely agree, kids should be kids. In appropriate places and for *me* the supermarket isnt one.. but that doesn’t mean for you it cant be. We all parent differently. I have read through the whole thread though and it does sound like your friendship has reached a point where you continue on and accept her parenting, or start putting some distance between you two.

I would hate seeing kids being spoken to nastily or made to feel awkward by someone’s parenting, I truly would. and if I ever did feel like that I would want to vent too!
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 23-04-2012 at 10:40.