+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellent View Post
    Sorry...but why are you telling someone else how to parent their child?
    I never said I was telling her how too parent her child, to make it clear the arguments we have are about her telling her child off for something that I was getting her to do. I don't tell her how to parent her child but I also won't stand back and let the child take the blame for something I am playing with them like having them sit on my back like they are riding a horse. Laying on the floor being a flying angel. Etc..

The original post was to vent my frustration in her telling her child off for doing things a child does. And she goes on and on and on about it. it gets embarrassing and uncomfortable.

We once went out to dinner with them (never again) her DD wanted to sit between me and my husband after the meal and she asked politely and we were happy to have her there but the friend then began to tell DD off for being a horrible child and being naughty. I had to leave skipping desert because it was embarrassing having her talk to her child like that when she had done nothing wrong.

My point is I needed to vent somewhere (and here it was) or maybe I would have told her how to parent her child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cellent View Post
    Sorry...but why are you telling someone else how to parent their child?
    I never said I was telling her how too parent her child, to make it clear the arguments we have are about her telling her child off for something that I was getting her to do. I don't tell her how to parent her child but I also won't stand back and let the child take the blame for something I am playing with them like having them sit on my back like they are riding a horse. Laying on the floor being a flying angel. Etc..

The original post was to vent my frustration in her telling her child off for doing things a child does. And she goes on and on and on about it. it gets embarrassing and uncomfortable.

We once went out to dinner with them (never again) her DD wanted to sit between me and my husband after the meal and she asked politely and we were happy to have her there but the friend then began to tell DD off for being a horrible child and being naughty. I had to leave skipping desert because it was embarrassing having her talk to her child like that when she had done nothing wrong.

My point is I needed to vent somewhere (and here it was) or maybe I would have told her how to parent her child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd rather my kids stand next to me and twirl in a supermarket than be bored and scared of sitting in the trolley so they scream their heads off.
    As far as it being dangerous, well cotton wool comes to mind there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think maybe I should have left the twirling out or given a lot mote detail its really just a build up of everything, twirling is an example of the many things That frustrate me and also the most recent. She was twirling in her house and was being told off for having done it in the supermarket on a previous day. It's the constant telling off for doing things that kids do that I get frustrated with not the action of the twirling itself. I totally understand her not want her to twirl if there are people around but having said that and knowing my friend she wouldn't have explained why she wasn't to twirl in the supermarket, inly that her DS has copied and fallen when twirling. how do we learn where we can and can't do these things if we don't make mistakes and get to be children when we are children? Should I be ok with her telling her child off for things I have thought she would have fun doing? Should I not be frustrated when I know its her way of doing things but I find it a bit rude. I didn't mean to offend anyone if that's what you do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not at all, as I said obvious there was more than you had posted so vent away.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

bigZ  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She sounds like she's anxious or like not coping well. Does she have family support? Is she on her own (sorry can't remember if you explained)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think friendships don't work with people that have vastly different parenting skills. I find controlling parents very hard to be around. They make feel uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you have grown apart and should probably let the friendship go.

It sounds like you a relaxed mummy and that is lovely.
    she sounds more anxious.

neither are wrong.

maybe she feels uncomfy around you so she is more uptight.

some women find it hard to play and to let their kids go.

I think you both need space to be who you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    She sounds like she's anxious or like not coping well. Does she have family support? Is she on her own (sorry can't remember if you explained)?
    He has plenty of support and a husband that does whatever she says. I've known her for a very very long time and she is controlling we've argued about more than just her kids. I think she likes to be in control like if we go out and I make a suggestion for a date she says no another date would be better and then she has on Facebook that day that she is just doing her washing or something else that just as mundane. Or if I let her pick the day then I suggest the time it's not good for her however having said that I tried to just let her pick everything and then she says whatever I'm easy until I actually make a suggestion then she's not as easy as she first mentioned. That's why it's been 4 months since I last seen her.

I don't know if she's anxious I know she hates being a mum she's hold me
    Several times that she wanted to have freedom like I had (before I had DS) when all I wanted to have kids of my own it was hard to hear her hating it so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I think friendships don't work with people that have vastly different parenting skills. I find controlling parents very hard to be around. They make feel uncomfortable.
    I think our friendship has always been difficult I've only just realized how difficult in the last few years.