+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Yeah just follow the directions in the sushezi manual. It's got the recipe for the rice and everything in it!! Enjoy!!
    Completely OT, but does it have the recipe for the cooked tuna mix that goes in sushi? I tried making it with tinned tuna and mayo and it didn't taste anything at all like the cooked tuna mix you get from sushi bars. I *need* to know how they make that mixture!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Completely OT, but does it have the recipe for the cooked tuna mix that goes in sushi? I tried making it with tinned tuna and mayo and it didn't taste anything at all like the cooked tuna mix you get from sushi bars. I *need* to know how they make that mixture!
    Maybe they make it with 'kewpie' the Japanese mayo. Did you try that one?? You can buy it in woolies/Coles in the bit where you get sushi stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Maybe they make it with 'kewpie' the Japanese mayo. Did you try that one?? You can buy it in woolies/Coles in the bit where you get sushi stuff.
    Yeah, I know the stuff. I've always wanted to buy it. Now I have an excuse. I'll give that a crack. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansta View Post
    I'm no expert but I think the no deli meat i.e. ham thing is due to fact you don't know the age of it in the deli as there are no date stamps etc on it so you are relying on something to be fresh, stored at the right temp to prevent bacterial growth etc. if you wanted ham I think the prepackaged style like 'hans' ham would be the safer choice
    Just to add, I worked at several deli's (woolies) over the years and they do date every meat that goes in and every meat that is cut with a date and they are written on labels of the cut meat and in a log. Now if they have employed slack teenagers it could be different if they fudge dates etc, but if you ask them when it was cut/how long its been in the case they should be able to tell you no problems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I know the stuff. I've always wanted to buy it. Now I have an excuse. I'll give that a crack. Thanks!
    That mayo is AMAZING. I hate dressings, but i'd smother anything in that stuff!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leafy - I bet the people who told you not to eat raspberries were getting confused with raspberry leaf tea, which is sometimes used in the last trimester to help prime the uterus. NP with posting the link. Sometimes OTT, but people will take what they want from it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I just do mine with normal mayo but the supermarket sells Japanese sushi mayo I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought mayo was off the table too, especially Kewpie, considering it is made with only yolks and now the whole egg?? Or is the egg whites that are bad??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fresh, homemade mayo is made with raw egg. I don't think mayo bought from the supermarket is actually made in the "proper" way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kewpie is safe! Usually the mayo u buy in supermarkets are safe, it's the "fresh, home made" stuff made with raw eggs (usually cafes, restaurants etc) are a no-no