+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    you need to eat fish/high omega foods 2-3 times a week to get the correct amount. Why not eat it?I'm very anti-vitamins. Eat a balanced diet!
    I'm not anti-vitamins if the diet is balanced. Most of our soil is mineral deficient due to poor crop rotation and the overuse of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Unless we're eating all raw and all organic we aren't getting all the micronutrients we need, not even close.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (24-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    you need to eat fish/high omega foods 2-3 times a week to get the correct amount. Why not eat it?

I'm very anti-vitamins. Eat a balanced diet!
    Not a big fish person. I can do a tuna roll or a nice piece of flake, or a tuna and pasta bake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Not a big fish person. I can do a tuna roll or a nice piece of flake, or a tuna and pasta bake.
    It's not only fish that has omega 3s. Vegetables oils, seeds, and nuts contain them too. The reason why fish is recommended is because it is a complete protein and therefore not only contains essential fatty acids but essential amino acids as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Yeah I knew there were concerns about the rice. But I thought maybe if it was freshly made. I haven't had any anyway. And when I tried making it myself it was a disaster (and I consider myself a pretty good cook).

I find this food thing hard. Not because I don't want to be sensible etc. but because I ate a lot of the 'banned' foods before and it's hard replacing it when you feel crappola most of the time. Seriously, what do you eat if everything turns your stomach except sushi, or ham salad or BBQ chicken... And the list goes on.
    Trust me...buy a sushezi. They're about $20 and it's so easy to make perfectly looking sushi! I was amazed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Trust me...buy a sushezi. They're about $20 and it's so easy to make perfectly looking sushi! I was amazed!
    Well I'm definitely intrigued and might have to try it out. I've seen them in the shops. But I didn't get the rice right last time with taste of the vinegar etc. but perhaps I shouldn't have given up so easily. Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm definitely intrigued and might have to try it out. I've seen them in the shops. But I didn't get the rice right last time with taste of the vinegar etc. but perhaps I shouldn't have given up so easily. Haha
    Yeah just follow the directions in the sushezi manual. It's got the recipe for the rice and everything in it!! Enjoy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Yeah just follow the directions in the sushezi manual. It's got the recipe for the rice and everything in it!! Enjoy!!
    Thanks. When I'm out of the crappy feeling trimester and can actually cook I'll give it a go.

Can't wait to enjoy food again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that link Moongazer. Its very clear information. I was told the other day that I couldn't eat raspberries while pregnant! Had never heard that before and googled but couldn't really find any reliable information. So pleased to see that raspberries do not make the list as I have already been eating them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of making a risotto today. I love risotto. Since I make it homemade I can reheat the next day right??? Because it will be fresh homemade etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking of making a risotto today. I love risotto. Since I make it homemade I can reheat the next day right??? Because it will be fresh homemade etc.
    I think so....I would!!