+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If they replace it why not ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We were in a low impact accident that caused no damage to our car (little hatch back hit our tow ball) when dd was about 3 so the carseat wad replaced. Earlier this year we were in another accident, seat replaced again. Both times insurance replaced them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would and have. Why not? Is it really worth the risk??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yep id def replace the seat its not worth the risk.
    better safe than sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Replace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree....replace. On a side note does comprehensive car insurance automatically cover a car seat? Or would i need to speak with my insurer? Im with Cgu....never thought of this till now

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    As mentioned SafeNSound have an exchange program if you've been in a car accident. They will provide you with another car seat free of charge. There are conditions - see their Britax website for more info. The new SnS Meridian is more than $400 so you might end up being better off going through SnS if you meet the criteria.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    As mentioned SafeNSound have an exchange program if you've been in a car accident. They will provide you with another car seat free of charge. There are conditions - see their Britax website for more info. The new SnS Meridian is more than $400 so you might end up being better off going through SnS if you meet the criteria.
    Thanks for that! I will definitely look into it. Luckily we have a spare we can use in the meantime but I did some pricing today and the meridian is way over $400 and we can't really afford to go too much over that at the moment! I'm off I look into the Sns website. Thanks again everyone for the replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I just looked at the britax website and the crash has to be 'severe - enough to distort the frame of the car' .... I'm having the car assessed on Tuesday so I won't know till then. Such a big stuff around! Silly woman not looking where she was going!!! Grrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely get a new seat. It's better to be safe than sorry and if you are involved in another accident and something was wrong with the seat... You wouldn't want to be the reason why your child wasn't in a seat that was in perfect condition (not saying its not perfectly fine)