+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only had terry towelling and they went from birth to toilet training for over 10 kids.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we use the chinese ebay cheapies, and they have easily lasted to toilet training with DD, and I hope will go the yards with bellyfruit too.
    I have 20 in my day pile, and 6 night nappies.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my BBH magic Alls lost their elastic by the time I had number two. I looked after them very well and the timeframe has been so short that they were barely in storage. I'm actually really unhappy with it all, as the salesperson really pushed their longevity and insisted that they would last for more than one child. The rest of the nappy is fine though, I'm just annoyed that they need elastics replacing so soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I only had terry towelling and they went from birth to toilet training for over 10 kids.
    Wow! I bought 24 terry towelling, used them part time for the first 8 months with DS1, and on and off with both kids for them, and I am thinking if I just used them at home for bub #3 I'll probably wear them out. I haven't been using them because I find it a pain to mix and match them with MCNs because it's just extra washing.
    Plus, I had four or five terry towelling that my youngest brother wore (huge age gap!) and I was doubling them up when DS1 was wearing them as a newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've only used terry flats 50/50, but they've done both of my boys, and will be fine for our new one too. My BBH PUL covers however, have worn, i had to turf the 6 i had for DS1 and i don't think the 6 i have for DS2 will be ok for another use either. Oh, i have 48 flats, and they are all still bright white and fresh feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used Itti Bitti AIO's through two kids and they were fine. They were so good in fact that the man who bought them off me was thrilled with them as they looked so new. If we were having any more babies they easily would have lasted another baby. I only had 15-20...just enough for a wash every second day so they did get washed regularly....no nudey time and no terry flats. It was all Itti Bitti's for no.2 and no.3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When the nappies were in storage for 2 years how were they stored OP? Did u take them out of storage to wash every once in a while?

I've put some nappies away a little while ago as I wasn't really using them, and I put them in space bags and take them out to wash every few months. It's meant to help stop the elastic from getting ruined in storage. Let's hope it works!

I must say I've only ever had one or two that the elastic has totally gone, and they were heavily used BumGenius 4.0s. But the elastic can easily be replaced so it's not really a problem. None of my others have totally gone.

If I were to buy a whole stash of one thing I'd probably get BumGenius as they always always wash up like new and they have easily replaceable elastic and velcro (although I prefer snaps).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Mac View Post
    Wow! I bought 24 terry towelling, used them part time for the first 8 months with DS1, and on and off with both kids for them, and I am thinking if I just used them at home for bub #3 I'll probably wear them out. I haven't been using them because I find it a pain to mix and match them with MCNs because it's just extra washing.
    Plus, I had four or five terry towelling that my youngest brother wore (huge age gap!) and I was doubling them up when DS1 was wearing them as a newborn.
    All up I was given about 50, the girl I got them off got them from her mum who had toddler twins plus another bub in them, because the twins were only 13mo when the new baby came along. They then did the next 2 down. They also did her dd from birth to TT, my dd from birth to TT, my cousin's 3 from birth to TT, then back where they came from for her DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We used cushie tushies and we use the drier and they're on their second child, he's 15 months old tomorrow and some are looking a little worse for wear but will last until he toilet trains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still using the homemade pockets on DD2 that I made for DD1. Some are a little faded and a couple I used cheap elastic on need the leg elastic replacing, but generally they are still good nappies, functional and attractive.

I reckon the boosters are going to go on as dusters and rags for the next 20 years after I no longer need nappies.