+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As above - if entertaining at home I often did the non alcoholic wine thing, or said I was the designated driver if out and about. Even managed to get through a wine tour weekend with my work when I was about 10 weeks pregnant and no one knew except my boss and obviously hubby. Started out at 10am with the tour not drinking because "I didnt feel well but would have a few later" and as the day progressed and everyone got tipsier I just pretended to share hubby's or snuck my drink to him and no one was any the wiser!
    Last edited by erinn; 22-04-2012 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    I just drank lemonade and pretended it had vodka in it lol I found most people never even asked what was in my drink!
    That's a great idea. Im keeping these in mind for when the time comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    At an engagement party I went to (it was outdoors at night) I filled a champagne glass with lemonade and threw in a strawberry - no one was any the wiser lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out a week before a big birthday party I'd organised, at a bar, with heaps of friends who I didn't want to tell yet.

I knew I'd fail with the fake drinks thing so I told everyone I was on really strong antibiotics that you can't drink with. Then for a couple of weeks after I was able to blame 'still feeling a bit off' from my fake illness.

I'm a terrible liar so most people at work figured it out by the 12 week mark but were too polite to ask.

It makes you realise how much of a role alcohol plays in our day to day lives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot people know we are trying for a baby iam 6 week pregnant at a wedding last weekend my husband was the driver and i said i didnt want to drink wanted to be healthy but at other times i have gotten my husbands empty can washed it out with water and filled it up with cordial or just dink orange juice and say i have vodka in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a hens last night and went and got elaborate looking mocktails and gave a couple of friends a sip nodding and saying how amazing they are and you can't even taste any alcohol. Everyone loved them hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    at my bro's wedding i was 10wks and hadnt told anyone so i just drank lemonade all night and everyone assumed it had vodka in it .

at my own engagement party i was 8wks and told a waitress to keep bringing me champagne glasses with a little apple juice and topped up with lemonade to make it bubbly.