+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 14 month old walking on tip toes

DS spent a lot of time in his baby walker from around 4-5 months old until he started crawling at about 10-11 months old. When he'd walk around assisted, either using furniture or holding our hands, he'd often go onto his tip toes.

He started walking unassisted just after 12 months old, and he was doing it flat footed.

Now at 14 months he's started walking around on his tip toes - not all the time, just for fun.

Is this ok for his feet/legs? Anyone else's little one have the same thing?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think as long as they can and do walk normally as well then it's fine. My DS does it a lot and MIL says DP did it too. I think it's just a cool new trick

ETA he never had a baby walker or anything like that, just figured out he could do it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD does this constantly and she is 3 but this is always because she is dashong around the house she rarely just walks. I know she can walk flat footed and so I have no concerns but its kind of like she is prancing around the house she also gallops like a horse it is quite amusing really.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother used to walk on his toes when he was happy or excited still does today! he can never keep a good secret lol, my mum knew he past his driving test when he told her he didn't, all because he came out walking on his toes. Most people don't notice or if they do they just think he has a spring in his step etc. Oh and by the way he's 39 now
    Have a chat to your doc though just to make sure but because I grew up with him doing it I think it's normal

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my DD started doing that around the same age. Could and would walk with flat feet but would often try out tip toes! She's doing it a lot less now (almost 17 months) because she's running everywhere now and she's wearing shoes more. Her new thing to try is walking backwards! I think often they just like to try out cool new tricks

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD still does this occasional...got lots of scary 'advice' about what it could mean but I know she just likes to walk on her tip toes sometimes