+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey peonies,
    Have you still got that rash in your hips, I saw this thread and thought of you.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=455284

Thanks
    Reviews
    The queasiness is starting over here. Woke up feeling not great and had this unsettled feeling in my stomach. So far so good. Been drinking ginger ale and been very thirsty in general.

I wonder how big my belly will get by this afternoon.... Random thought. It's all belly and no baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Zakmick - interesting. I don't still have it. Mine wasn't nodules - it was more general red & hot patches. I reckon it was a heat rash, perhaps from lying/sitting so much last week. My legs were up and I was sitting/lying with them straight out all the time, I think perhaps the tops of my legs had too much contact with my tummy & it was just a contact/heat rash. Who knows? Maybe it was from the electric blanket I used a couple of nights when it got chilly.

Oooh, and on the RLS thing - I have tried Magnesium before. Doesn't really work for me, I don't think. But I still take it at night. I got this Mega Magnesium, which also has Zinc and Selenium in it ... both of which are really good to take for fertility and as pre-natal anyway.

I felt a little bit funny this morning, but not too bad. Once I had something to eat it was fine. If this is all it is, I'd be happy with that!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going, worked my first day today since January-primary teaching( haven't taught in 5 yrs)
    I quit my job in January due to stress, (social worker)thinking it was having an affect on me holding on to the embies.
    So tired, I had to come home and have a nap, but it was a good day.

So still getting all the pulling, burning, stretching sensations in my pelvis and lower back still hurts. However the BB are not quite as sore, still sore but not jumping every time their touched.
    Ate the best meal last night, that seemed to satisfy me apricot chicken- how boring is that, lol??But i don't know if any of you are the same, i eat but nothing hits the mark.
    Bloating is crazy too, i put on nearly 2 kgs of fluid throughout the day, but it goes down by morning.
    2 friends had babies in last few days, would be nice to beable to share their joy soon. One though had been told their child was a girl, so they had no boys names picked or boy colour clothes- poor kid is wearing lots of pink ATM lol and is nameless lol.
    Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies!

Definitely getting first trimester fatigue big time. Went out yesterday for brunch and window shopping and I'm exhausted today. Morning sickness has arrived with a vengeance too. So far this morning I've had ginger ale, vegemite on toast and tried some yoga to help....

I saw my 6 month old nephew for the first time yesterday and he is such a cutie. Even DH was touched. We will be there in 34 weeks and however many days....

Hope you're all well!

XXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

I went to myer yesterday and purchased some maternity bras they had a sale on and some leggings at ripe maternity. When I worked last week my leggings were cutting into me.
    Yesterday was a tiring day too, went shopping, then visited a girl I use to case manage at a mental health facility, had dinner with my sisters then went to the movies. So Roma I know how you feel I'm in bed for my second nap already today lol.
    The tiredness just consumes you, m/s has been ok (little queasiness here and there usually associated with smells) the last few days it's mainly headaches and indigestion.
    May have been offered a full time 4 mth reception position, which I'm thinking maybe good, but not sure what to do? DH is concerned about me working full time again as I have been told to take it easy in the first trimester, I could get more money teaching- but that's not guaranteed everyday, I get very sore and bloated when sitting but we need the money... Idk I'm confused....
    P.s had anyone lost weight? I have lost 1.5kgs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. I haven't set foot onto a set of scales in quite a while... My clothes and regular bras still fit. It's just my stomach that bulges out after lunch....

I'm such a wuss. Have not bought any maternity clothes or baby things. I'm waiting for my scan so that it's all real and definite and not like the other times. Scarred. Me?

So in this state of denial I bought some sports bras in a larger cup size today for my running and a pair of normal bathers one size up as well.

No choice in the work situation. Will be full time until maternity leave starts. Sorely tempted to take long service at the same time as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick - sounds like teaching might be the better option. Not always full time, but more money for the time spent & not sitting down all day.

I got some maternity leggings last week - they're very comfy, I could wear them regardless. (wearing them right now) Need some bigger bras - I'm a D or DD normally anyway & I'm bulging in those! However, I too am a bit scared to buy much maternity stuff. Been looking at some good sites though. If my scan is good on Wed, I will buy (or wait until we've moved house perhaps).

BUT, update: I got the call from the FN yesterday with BT results from Friday. Now, remember they weren't even going to even do any more BTs, I asked for it because I was there sorting out their Medicare claim mistake, and wanted to check the progesterone was still going up. They said it doesn't tell us much at this point, but okay. Well, they rang yesterday - progesterone had gone up to 58 (from 44) so that's great. Unfortunately HCG had only gone up to about 4100/4200 (was out when she rang, so didn't write it down), from 2159 on Monday. So that's about 4 days doubling time, after 2 days on the last one. She said that wasn't ideal and this could go either way, but try not to worry too much as they see plenty of pregnancies with lower HCGs & we'll see at the scan on Wednesday. So of course I immediately got really worried! Then about 30 mins after she rang I went to the loo & there was suddenly a bit of red blood again when I wiped! We were out to lunch with friends, so got away as soon as we could & I told DH in the car. We went straight home & I went back to couch rest. But it was very minimal & stopped - just the occasional tiny bit of brown when wiping now, but usually nothing. However, I do feel a bit of that dull ache/pulling feeling a bit like cramps, even though not bleeding (could be progesterone?). I just don't know. Added together it doesn't look good, but we've been thinking that for weeks and it keeps hanging on & rising. And then I found several sites that say:

Within the first 2 - 4 weeks after fertilization, hCG usually doubles every 48 - 72 hours. That usually corresponds to hCG levels below 1200 mIU/ml. From 1200 - 6000, the hCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double. Above 6000 mIU/ml, the hCG often takes over four days to double. So, the rate of increase in hCG levels normally varies as a pregnancy progresses.

This gives me some hope. But feeling very anxious for Wednesday - the roller coaster ride continues!!

Hope everyone else is well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you, Peonies. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh geez peonies, the research you found supports your hcg levels. Fingers crossed everything is ok on Wednesday x

Thanks for the advice too