+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funny two of us on tenterhooks today, waiting for the phone to ring! Minxyq, damn that you still have another bt, more waiting. It seems to never end.

My hcg came back at 3100 from 449 7 days ago. Apparently the range per the pathology company is 900-5000 for where I'm at. The hcg calculater says its going up every 2.5 days. The fn said to skip the next blood test and get one on the day of my scan in two weeks 2 days. Not sure if I can wait that long! I was worried about the progesterone as its not been great in the past but has risen from 58 to 81. So my numbers are good so far, but I'm aware it's not just about numbers. But I'm feeling happy!!
    DH has gone out with work colleagues, I'm glad he feels he can have a night out without the bt worry on our heads.
    I'm craving pumpkin soup, and milk, I've been craving milk for a week now. Is anyone else craving anything?

Minx -Best of luck Tuesday, I hope you have a busy weekend to help tue hurry along!

Zak - glad to hear 10 weeks has come around, hurry up week 12!

Roma- I agree, let's sleep through all this!

So back to my clexane, aspirin, estrogen, awful pessaries until 7 week scan unless something goes pair shaped between now and then.
    Have a good weekend all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way Minyq, according to the hcg calculator, your levels have doubled nicely haven't they?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beta yeah they have... so I am thankful for that...they are just on the low side of the range (but they have been all along). I am concerned that it could be another blighted ovum.... but nothing I can do about it.... so fingers crossed it is just low but normal. Anyway, thankful that my FS is being thorough, so if it is another blighted ovum, I won't be wasting as much time (didn't find out until the 10 week scan (natural conception)).

Grats on your great results... I wish I was up there so I could breathe a bit easier and just enjoy being preg. How many days are you now, Beta? Have to called an OB yet? I haven't, just wait to see what happens Tues... I love my OB...so I am really looking forward to calling her...she recommended my FS.

Thanks for your support hope and wishes and thanks for being here to 'listen'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm Minxyq, I'm not really sure what day I am.. I'm 5 weeks 2 days.
    I booked an obs the minute I found out bfp as really wanted the same one my sister had and was afraid he would be booked out. I have an appt with him at 9 1/2 weeks.
    I think IVF has damaged my confidence ( re my health) for life. I know my numbers are good but I'm on toilet watch, twinge watch, boob watch, nausea watch.. and probably will be until 12 weeks before I'm on to a new set of "watches".

I'm sorry to hear about your blighted ovum, i can't imagine having that history on top of IVF.

I spoke to a colleague today who's pregnant, she came into my office and was telling me how easy she had fallen the minute she ttc, she miscarried the first one and then a month later BFP and now 23 weeks. She said she new how lucky she was as she had a friend going through IVF. I felt like a fraud sitting there nodding, so I decided to tell her I was pregnant. She was so happy for me, she showed genuine pleasure. It was really nice actually, as I really don't have anyone other than family who share the need for a baby and understand how consuming and heart breaking the whole journey is. Although she has fallen naturally, IVF or not we are now just women wanting our pregnancies to progress.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and support too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (18-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good in you, beta. Talking to your work mate like that. I had a chat last night to an old friend and her mum. Everything just came out. They were both so supportive as my friend's sister went through 2 cycles and a traumatic birth with her twins.

Great bloods too! I'm on multi organ and orifice watch too. No new spotting to report. MS still there. Tummy still bloated. Boobs still udders (relatively speaking).

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol... I long for symptoms, so I can join in on that conversation and actually feel pregnant... I had a spot of indigestion yesterday and felt comforted by that...lol...hahahaha. I can't help but compare to last time...(sore boobs, fatigue, indigestion) yes I know...every preg is different...blah blah blah

I'm really looking forward to getting off Crinone and pessaries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Roma you crack me up with some of your expressions

Beta - those numbers are great! its so reassuring isnt it? I made an appt with our HR girl and told her I was preg, she was really excited for me, it was so sweet. I told her about doing IVF. I think that the more people know about it the better and the more understanding they will be and less likely to make insensitive comments

minxy - great article, soooo true. the numbers game is awful. despite above average numbers I STILL felt nervous and was a total stress head. The scan was the best tho, coz u actually see it!

Zakmick - i hear ya with the headaches! i'm waking up with them and also the desire to spew, which i havent yet, just some dry retching......knock me out and wake me for the 2nd tri

afm - saw my ob yesterday for the first time since he did my EPU. He is awesome and DH thinks he's great too. He is on call for IVF/EPU/ETs over Xmas and NYE so he'll be around for our birth I asked him about my spotting and he said as long as its brown and not red no probs. Today its stopped, so i feel like i had a mini period coz it started on Sunday and finished Thursday..

Also does anyone else have fibroids? at scan on Mon U/S girl said oh you've got a fibroid, but u probably knew that from ur previous scans. Ahh no?! WTH? apparently its nowhere near the bub and shouldnt cause a prob..... no one else seems worried about it....

have a nice w/e girls

9. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

romaverona  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aka - just an FYI, my sister had a massive fibroid in her pregnancy and it shrunk to nothing with acupuncture! Amazing. Most people who have them as big as she did pre ttc have them operated on. Her obs was worried about it in pregnancy so maybe it was really huge, but anyway it vanished before she got too far along. Something to think about!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    im freaking out girls
    was at MIL for dinner no DH he is at work, and went to toilet and there was brown discharge more than last friday night quite a significant amount. MIL asked me what was wrong and i started crying and said i had to leave, all DH family was there and i just ran out. They all know im pregnant. MIL started crying too.
    This is how all my M/C started, im so scared..
    i rang Womens and they said there is nothing they can do as they have no scans overnight and if there is no cramping or pain it could be fine. They told me if it gets worse or if i have pain to go straight away. Otherwise there is a clinic Monday-friday in the mornings to go too.
    I hope this isnt happening???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you page your Obs? Try epworth? They at least have to page a consultant to come in and see you. Or present to a public department. Id probably go private as money hurrys things up. My documents from Obs says worry about a teaspoon of bright red blood nothing less but if you've had similar before get it checked. I'm praying to the universe for you.