+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aka!!!! Congrats. I've been stalking this thread since yesterday for your news. Brilliant heart rate. >100 let's you breathe a huge sigh of certainty.

Hello new ladies. So glad yours all here. It's nice to have us all at different stages post BFP. We're providing each other with lots of support and reassurance.

AFM
    MS not great today. Should have stuck to my egg, muffin and ketchup breakfast.

TMI
    Turns out many of my abdominal moans and groans relate to my bowels rather than the baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful news aka!! Very happy for you

Just so u know- spotting is quite common at weeks 8, 12, 16.... As that is when your period usually comes. That's what I was told anyway. So If u do start spotting around that time, it may just be your body adapting to the pregnancy change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. I am actually, somewhat at peace... what will be will be. Luckily I have a fairly busy week, so Friday won't be too far away....I am going to curb my poas habit too... lol...to every second day, rather than every morning.

Zakmick... I think it is doubling just over 3 days... no? 7:30 am Fri (11dp5dt) to about 8:30 Mon (14dp5dt), is 73 hours..plus a bit more, for the doubling?

I was relieved to read the doubling time frame is 2-3 days though from the links on this thread...that helped to get me into the right frame of mind.

It's great to read how everyone is travelling and what to possibly expect next *fx*. I hope to see that little flicker on a US someday soon...that sounds just amazing!! And beautiful.

*hugs*

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the positives, at this point I am not sure Google is my friend, hahaha.

Akura - so glad you had a great scan!

AFM - my scan is tomorrow, eek! Worst thing is I told DH the wrong day, so he can't come. MS has kicked in with a vengeance, can't stand the taste of vegetables & the only thing that seems to settle the nausea is carbs. FS has taken me off the crinone, fingers crossed the placenta has started to make it's own progesterone.

I've only told a very select few that I'm pregnant, but a good friend of mine said, "if you m/c you'll be devastated, no matter what. Enjoy being pregnant and share your news". I wasn't going to make it public until 12 weeks, there are loads of pregnancies at work and sometimes I am desperate to join that little group and chat about it, but then if something happens I don't want everyone to know and give me sad eyes.

Have you any of you announced?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smyles, I have only told a handful of people, who I know are fully supportive and will be there if things don't work out. I think you need to have some support structures and BH is, for me anyway, also a part of that (even when I have been a brat about some of my results). There are some people I won't tell untill 12 weeks, if we get there... and that includes my Mum... we aren't close, for the most part she drives me insane because we are such different people... if I tell her now, she'll be calling me every week for an update (like she did last preg) and it's just not pressure I need. For example - when I tell her, the first question she'll ask is "have you told anyone else?" .... because that is the most important thing with this news, that she is the first to know!!!! grrrrrr... I shouldn't think about it....lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the same have only told a couple. I think actually just my best friend and my mum, both of who i am really close to so they would be there to support me if i lost it. My DP also works fifo so i need some people around me to know i guess, just so i have someone to talk to about it. My best friend (we've been best friends for 15 years) has two little ones and fell pregnant at the drop of a hat both times, but has been incredibly supportive of me through all of the ivf stuff. There are so many more people we'd love to tell, but we don't want to disappoint anyone if it all goes wrong, so we're not telling anyone else until 13 weeks.

Minxyq, how are you going? Are you going to move your bt or wait till friday? I think i'm actually going to do one on thursday. I've had a bit of pesky spotting which is making me anxious. I've had it since before the transfer (as soon as i started the pessaries) and on and off for the last 3 weeks, so my nurse said it should be absolutely fine, especially as its not a new symptom. Still, i just wish i had a textbook early pregnancy. would make me feel a whole lot better.

About the HCG levels, i spoke to a different nurse today and she said my levels were fine, anything that is doubling within 2 or 3 days is normal, so you are still within the range of normal too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey CG,

Yeah I am doing good... I hate still being in limbo, but what will be will be. Hubby is being the eternal optimist *bless* ...I even managed to resist temptation and POAS this morning... pretty proud of myself. I'll do one tomorrow and compare back to monday and on friday as I would prefer to be somewhat prepared... I don't know how others don't POAS at all!?! I'm going to leave my BT for Friday...I have a fair bit on at work this week (procrastinating a bit now...lol), so I won't have too much time to dwell on it. I find I am more anxious on the days of the BT and waiting for THE CALL!!

I only have a bit of discomfort (like pressure) in the lower abdomen, that's it.

Sounds like the progesterone is irritating your cervix to me and I guess that is something your FN has mentioned. I hope by bringing your BT forward, it gives you peace of mind and confirms just that!... with any luck, you have enough naturally produced progesterone that you can come off the support and the spotting stops...... and you can relax a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question, what due date calculators is everyone using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minxyq View Post
    Quick question, what due date calculators is everyone using?
    IVFca website has one with other useful dates included.http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php
    Last edited by romaverona; 15-05-2012 at 14:21.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to romaverona For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (15-05-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the one I used too Roma.

That would be right minx that beta calculator I used only asked for days in between not hours. I think which ever way you look at it, it's still doubling in the time frame. 🍀

Smyles that's a shame DH can't go to the scan can someone else go with you, it's a beautiful experience to share?

Afm: feeling really blergh today, no get up and go. Nausea has been good as long as I keep indigestion under control and not let the tummy get empty. Headaches are more frequent to but I think I'm getting a cold, gp gave me ventolin the other day because I was starting a cough, but I'm starting to get a sore throat now too- she did give me a script got antibiotics if I couldn't get back to see her, I'm still hoping I don't have to use it.

Question: how often do you get up in night for the loo??
    I'm every 2-3 hrs, gp said that's too often and I'm not getting enough rest...hmmm it's what my bladders doing..