+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Smyles, you must have snuck in a post when I was writing my essay.
    I don't know much about PCOS but I would be cautious about all PCOS being dumped into the same basket for stats, there must be many factors that would give a 50% chance of MC? These stats are so worrying tho! my sister was given a 2% chance of having a child but she has 2 now best of luck, your scan is not far away!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow we are all posting at the same time lol

Hi smyles!! Welcome I have pcos too and I did read the miscarriage rate but I figure it's just another hurdle we will overcome!

Beta, that is strange about the progesterone and clinic not increasing it until you raised the question, but they wouldn't have agreed to it unless they thought it would be beneficial.
    App due to 6 ivf attempts, 2 m/c and 1 chemical I'm classed as a high risk pregnancy mixed with my bmi, o- blood, pcos, and gluten intolerance. So I think the history you have with ivf plays a major part in how you are assessed at the hospital.

Aka I hope all is ok and your celebrating seeing the heartbeat!
    Last edited by Zakmick; 14-05-2012 at 18:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt really think about the miscarriage rates for pcos- I have pco but none of the symptoms except for the over over active ovaries.... Would the same statistics be for me too??

Ok... I'm going to try to stop being so paranoid about every little thing!! I was having lots of cramps last week and I was sure it was all over but I'm pretty sure it was my uterus expanding- which is a positive thing!!!
    Oh I hate the paranoia!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akukura- hoping all went well with your scan today. Thinking of you xx

One other thing- when i got my BFP, I was so bloated and it never went down!! I went from a bloated tummy to pregnant tummy straight away!! Don't be surprised If you all do the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

Wow its been busy here today. Welcome to all the new girls

I know, I'm sorry, I should have posted earlier with my scan results.........
    Saw the flickering heart beat!!!!!! bubs is looking good at 13mm, which is 7w4d and I am 7w2d so spot on! heart rate was 158 bpm.

my ms kicked back in today after having the weekend off why did that have to coincide with the spotting starting?! turning me into a paranoid mess.

Of course as u may already know, coz u are all google freaks too, the chance of a m/c is dramatically decreased once u see the heartbeat, <5% so that means >95% chance of having a baby. Gotta hang on to the good stats!

Thanks for all your support, kind words and thoughtfulness! I'll be back later for personals i feeling really tired and a little sick now, but happy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (14-05-2012),Zakmick  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hurrah Akakura!
    Well done, lovely news, how awesome!!
    Thanks for the mc stats too, I didn't know that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Feels odd poking my nose in here (thanks Clementine Grace for the link). I started reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, just to see how you are all doing. Anyway, it's getting late here, so I am going to cheat and copy & paste what I have posted elsewhere.

I had my second blood test this morning and we are still wondering... Friday's BT-HCG was 53, today's is 101 (progesterone is the same ) and another BT set for Friday...at least it is going up and hasn't stalled or gone backwards!! Just not at the rate or to the level's that Monash are happy with. I asked my FN what she thought and she was honest enough to say it could go either way...I'll have to get more pee sticks, because I can't wait til Friday!!! I still have no symptoms...I don't feel pregnant in anyway, shape or form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay Akakura!!!!! I've been waiting up to see if you would post, that is wonderful news!!! Just enjoy this special moment, so wonderful

Yup thats what my dr has said, round about 5% chance after you see a strong heartbeat, so you can rest a little easier.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay yay Aka!! I kept popping on to see of you posted!! That's fantastic news.. I didn't know those stats after the heartbeat.

Minx: the hcg rate is doubling every 2.1 days, so that's still in the 2-3 day timeframe. I used this link http://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html
    Could you ask for a BT Wednesday as well as Friday? I'd push for it. It might help with stress, as that can't be good for you or your growing embie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Minxyq I've been googling HCG levels because i was worried that mine are a bit sluggish as well. They are only at 370 today, but they are doubling between 3 tests, same as yours thats all you need. My nurse said everyone is totally different and some can take longer to take off than others. I agree, i'd def push your blood test up to wednesday to give you some more peace of mind.