+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

Thought I might crash here. I am currently about 5weeks and 4 days pregnant with our first baby on our 5th go at IVF.

I am still on clexane so at this stage I have BT's every week to check all hormones etc. HCG has been going up as it should and is now at 4000 and climbing but my progesterone hass tared dropping and dropped from 27 to 21 in this week. I start on progesterone pessaries today so hopefully that will help them go up again.

EDD is the 10 Jan 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Grebecci - Congratulations!! What an achievement after all that you've both been through. Welcome to our little group.

Best of luck for your bloods and that the prog keeps on rising.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!!

I have been stalking this thread but too nervous to join in!! I finally got a BFP after 9 rounds of ivf and 5 years of trying!!! I can't quite believe it yet and find it really hard to say out loud that I'm "pregnant" when making appointments for things coz I've had 3 chemical pregnancies prior to this.

I am however 6w 5d pregnant today and my hcg levels are perfect! Doesn't stop me POAS still everyday!! Haha!!

I love to read all your threads - it shows me I'm not alone and everyone is sooo supportive!! Do you mind if I join in?

xxxx

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi grebecci welcome and congratulations !!

Clem that's great about FS offering to deliver too!!

Well went to gp and she has completed referral and faxed off to Royal Women's Hospital, she is getting a little nervous I think and wants a team supporting me. That's ok by me about get being extra cautious. The pain in my hip and buttocks can't do anything about accept rest (panadol) and she has put me on even stricter activities, not allowed to do anything unless it's necessary. This is because of the spotting Friday night, she believed it was the internal ultrasound too but she is not taking any chances. So no work either ( emergency teacher) for the next few weeks. She doesn't want me having any more internal ultrasounds and sexual activity is a big no no- not that I am even remotely interested. So I think 'wrap me up in cotton wool' should be my new profile name..

She has completed a referral for a 10 wk ultrasound and I need another blood test to test the titres for my O- blood.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mnmc, more the merrier to our group!! Welcome and congratulations you have been on a journey!! POAS are addictive but it's also reassurance, your scan will be coming up soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Zamick, sounds like your GP is a good one and knows what she is doing. That is a very good idea to rest, such an important time. Buy some TV series on DVD and some good books and rest up. How many weeks are you now? Nearly 8?

Welcome Grebbeci and Mnmc! Looks like you both have had a long path, fantastic that you finally have your BFP. Sounds like you are both going perfectly

I'm still so petrified something is going to go wrong, i feel awful. Trying to stay positive (and keep away from google!). I guess its the whole thing with ivf, you get so used to bad news, its hard to think it will ever work out. Have to try and stay positive and get through the next few days. Don't know how i am going to concentrate at work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm currently 6weeks & 1 day, my due date is 6 January. This was an FET cycle & I have PCOS, I read somewhere on the net that women with PCOS have a 50% miscarriage rate, anyone else heard this? Last Tuesday my HCG level was over 6000. I've been reading posts desperate to find out what is normal, but it seems there is no such thing when it comes to IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! gosh the tread has been busy today, I hopped on the app after work and realised there was lots going on, I had to stop myself reading it all in the carpark at work! then I rushed my dog around the streets for his walk.. after a day of not being able to speak to anyone about the IMPORTANT things in life, I really look forward to catching up with you all.

Roma - i'm impressed you were doing yoga pre pregnancy, I wanted to in my 3 month break but I put so many things on hold; lattes, sweets, changed to oraganic food, no alcohol, no chemicals bla bla exercise is the one thing I wasn't good with. My BMI is about 21 so I want to exercise for good health and to be stretchy for birth! I started walking on the weekend problem is my fur baby is 16 and really not up for a long jaunt. He is really tiny, I thought i might pop him in a bag if he likes it and I can go for longer walks!

Akakura - what has happened at the scan !? for some reason I missed you having that today, thank goodness you were having that if you have spotted, may eveything be OK.

Agenrod, thanks for your input, really can't wait to be where you are! and then I know there's loads that would like to be where I am.. glad you reminded us about the twinges, have had them today (and bloating for the first time?!)

Clem - we are back having blood tests on the same day. I understand about you being petrified I have the exact same feeling, Your FS must be confident! How nice she offered to be your obs, will you? The wait is the worst part. I'm nervous going for a whole week after the 1st beta, but like your nurse says, its the doubling that's important not the initial number (which is why i'm panicking!).

Grebbeci - welcome, I saw you on another post and was following your progress!
    May the pessaries lift the prog. Are you on estrogen too?

mnmc - welcome too and congrats!, I was like you, stalking the thread too nervous to join in but bit the bullet with the BFP. I can't POAS, too nervous the second line will be gone

Zakmick, Thank goodness you went to a GP, who sounds quite good btw. Let us know how the RWH goes, although i work in healthcare I have no idea how womens business health works so i'm interested to know the model they have for IVFers etc (although are we just pregnant people now?)

AFM - I rang my FN today, started freaking out about my progesterone, it was 58 on the 1st bt but they asked me to continue the crinone and over the last few days I noticed the crinone has formed lumps at the end of the tube and won't come out. So I started freaking out I wasn't getting the right dose. My FN checked with the FS who wants me to change tonight to pessaries and increase to 2 daily until I see the obs. So I am wondering, why was it my call that initiated a change in the regime? are they humoring me, or worried? So off to the compounding chemist tonight to collect, dunno how i'm going to lie flat every morning for 30 minutes, but not complaining! Thank goodness I live in Melbourne with chemist open til 10pm, what happens in rural areas!?

I booked my 7 week scan, and booked the obs I want. He goes on leave 2 days before i'm due but i have a feeling many obs will be on leave over xmas, and its the last weeks that are crucial. My mother seemed a bit horrified, but as the secretary said, its the pre natal care that is the most important. I'm sure he will have a good cover for the labour. My sister suggested my current FS before I started IVF and I didn't listen to her in the beginning, wasted my time elsewhere, so i'm following her advice this time and going with who she recommends (sister is very neurotic about Drs and saw 3 obs before she chose this one!)

hurry up May!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats Smyles! Sounds like you are going really well

I have pcos,and i've read a lot of stuff that says you do have a higher rate of miscarriage. i guess though, there is nothing to do about it. Thats the hard part, not being in control. Just have to keep praying that you will beat the odds. Plenty of women with pcos don't have any problems at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem I find work a good distraction, most of the time it makes the days go quicker.

Yes 8 wks tomorrow, I'm hesitant in putting a ticket up yet.

I was reading somewhere- was it on this thread? It's harder getting the BFP than bfn sometimes as you then have something to loose. Friday will be here before you know it x