+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post IVF BFPs Pre DIG Thread

Hello everyone

I've searched through recent threads on this part of the forum and couldn't find one that has been updated recently that relates to my title.

I'm just over 4 weeks with a blood test confirmed BFP. I don't feel ready to be in a DIG thread yet but at the same time don't think my posts belong in the 2WW threads.

I just wanted to start this thread for anyone else whose in my position and just wanted to chat about how things are going. I'm not sure when I'll join a DIG thread, possibly after my viability scan. How about you?

Also, any exciting EPS? I'm getting queasy and headachy. It all hit me today.

XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Roma - I might join you over here hopefully my bt tomorrow is just a formality and I am on my way! I notice in the the 'due in oct,nov,dec' thread there was no december due dates yet..... everyone waiting a little longer i suspect. my edd is the 30th so I just scrap in to 2012.

I think this thread topic is good as I dont want to post too much pregnancy stuff in the ttc threads. Its good when ur are ttc to hear the good news but you have to be sensitive to their feelings too.

aka

3. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

romaverona  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aka

Thanks for joining me here.

I'm still trundling along with headaches and nausea every now and then. Suspect it's the prog rather than true MS, that's meant to start around 6 weeks apparenltly.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,
    Do you mind if i join you here too, im feeling like im in limbo land again. I was so positive two days ago that everything was going well and it still is, but its like your on a high with the BFP and then you are back in a waiting game till the scan. Then I was told i had to remove my ticker from one of the moderators from BH because it wasnt a BH ticker, so then i started thinking am I jumping the gun?
    I am just sick of looking at the toilet paper, feeling every twinge and thinking is this normal etc. Its doing my head in (the tww i think was easy compared to this).
    Im not sleeping well either which is probaly not helping with how im handling things emotionally. I cant fall asleep to 3/4am due to trying to find a comfortable position with my back and my Restless Legs have started back with avengence.
    Been getting lots of aches in my hips and thighs and still the stretching in my pelvis, bloating is a killer after i eat, i have bought AHHH bras too because my underwire bras felt like they were bruising me (BB have doubled and got veiny), indigestion (but I have worked out how to keep that at bay mostly), moody and the last thng would be smells- my nose picks up everything.
    im thinking about calling the clinic for another BT to ease my mind, i did do a clear blue test last night that came back positive obviously, stating im 2-3 wks (which equates to 4-5 wks if taken from your period) do you think thats enough instead of a BT? I know im being paranoid but having 4 consecutive BFP (including this one) and 2 ending in M/C and 1 a chemical you can understand my reservations.
    Sorry on my first post to vent, but DH isnt getting how im feeling...

P.S Aka there is a December 2012 thread on its own, lots of EDD in there http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...2012-Due-Dates
    Last edited by Zakmick; 22-04-2012 at 23:42.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone is experiencing extreme thirst, I can't quench it, I have drank 5 litres already and have a cup of ice next to me at the moment... Grrr can't sleep again!!.... The increase in water is making me take more trips to the toilet too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick - I agree. We're in a new limbo land, a new 2WW. I'm so glad that you're able to join us here.

I'm a bit uncertain about my feelings at the moment too. I'm just so calm and positive and certain it's all going to be fine this time. At least we've got each other until our scans!

AFM
    Well, I look around 3 months pregnant already. The thing is it's all upper abdomen distension. I'm eating much the same amount of food but I have a food baby right now. The swelling comes and goes during the day...

Also weird sleeping patterns. Waking up at 2 and then 4 am.

Really thirsty too. I'm also very warm. Haven't measured my temp but I can't seem to get comfortable in bed because the covers make me too hot. My back pain has settled. Breasts still up but less tender.

DH has noticed that I'm in better spirits and less emotional than with previous pregnancies. A good sign perhaps? But he is still cracking down on my surfing the net for prams and cots. I only did it on the weekend, after my blood test though. That's an improvement from usual.

What I think I will need sooner rather than later are maternity clothes. I'll be 5 weeks this week and all I want to wear are loose fitting clothes. Don't know how long I will be able to get away without telling people at work...

I reckon all our symptoms can only mean one thing, ladies - PERFECT VIABILITY SCANS!!!!!
    Last edited by romaverona; 23-04-2012 at 08:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went and got another BT today but won't get results till tomorrow. They said that this will be the last one and I need to relax! Easy said than done.
    I asked about the thirst and they said its due to the increase in blood volume and drink what you need to.

Aka so excited for you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm going to stress less got the hcg results I'm 1763 up from 351 on Friday- so it's going well!! Doubling every 30 hrs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent bloods, Zakmick.

Hmmm... perhaps I should get that second blood test next week like the nurses suggested. So hard. I'm trying not to get too anxious this time but at the same time, scan is 2 weeks away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nurse at the clinic just rang me back. They don't need to do any more bloods on me. Just need the scan. Suggested to see my GP if I wanted any follow ups.

I'm just going to let things happen as they should and not get another blood test. Give my veins a rest.