+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't just for the sake of the child not knowing which spelling was correct they are going to learn the difference eventually but if it's something really bothering you then yes by all means do it while they are young, I personally still wouldn't but that's just me,

Also I just have to say I agree with other people too it annoys me so much when people always spell my name wrongly my name is Jemma but I always always have had people spelling it Gemma I really like my name and the spelling of it so it's very annoying.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    OP - yep change it, especially if it's to make life easier and avoid confusion.

I am a very strong believer in traditional spellings. Although as a PP said, people still get it wrong! It's always funny when people ask me to spell my name and I say, 'the traditional way' and they still have a blank look on their face.

ETA: wasn't having a go at previous post, posted simultaneously...that makes sense to keep the nickname in mind when choosing a spelling and Katelyn is lovely!
    Thanks and I totally agree... Usually... I just know she'll end up Kate. So I wanted to make it easier on her. Still. Still im not 100%

Though her middle name is magic and Jasper's is Turbo so maybe we need to accept our inner bogan and get over it. Lol.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I'll reiterate.. If you as the parent regret the way you spelt it.. Would you change it before they start school?? Even if it's only 6 months before school starts?

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***
    I would have changed it along time ago if fob would have signed the documents. How are you thinking of spelling it now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Like, when you get married for example?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I haven't changed my name just because I'm married!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get frustrated with cups/plaques too! My name's Jaime-lee, my mum chose to spell Jaime that way. I loved the spelling when I was younger because my dad's name was James so he got Jamie as well, so it made sense to me to have a more feminine spelling.
    I gave DD an uncommon but traditionally spelt name, it annoys me that people don't pay attention to spelling. I don't understand why people have to go all out and change the spelling completely, eg Kaytlynn or Izaak. Whhhhy do that? And no offense, but why would you change your child's name for the sake of how you wanted it spelt? They will learn that it is THEIR name, and if it's that big of an issue they'll change it themselves when they turn 18

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Thanks and I totally agree... Usually... I just know she'll end up Kate. So I wanted to make it easier on her. Still. Still im not 100%

Though her middle name is magic and Jasper's is Turbo so maybe we need to accept our inner bogan and get over it. Lol.

It's funny you say you 'know' she will end up Kate - I don't know a single Caitlin that is nicknamed or referred to as Kate!!!! (and I know about 10!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I remember reading a post from you way back when.. You said you liked Magic for a middle name, I think Matilda Magic! That name has always stuck with me cos I thought it sounded awesome! I like Katelyn better than Caitlyn totally get what you mean friends of ours have Jaxon but he mostly gets Jack and I think it's strange...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    What, don't you like Alekxzander?
    Haha Stiflers Mom, I love your username. So funny!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive agonized over the spelling of katelyn. I feel like such a bogan spelling it katelyn... But if she shortened it to Kate I want the spelling rule to stay the same and Cait looks ridiculous imo.

But I feel bad not giving her a traditionally spelled name! As in Caitlin.

Beautiful name, and I have the same dilemma when I consider the name, but I figure alot of names get shortened with different spelling ie; James - Jim, Edward - Eddie, francis - frank, Katherine - Kate.
    I personally would use Caitlyn shortened to Cate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairysmum View Post
    I remember reading a post from you way back when.. You said you liked Magic for a middle name, I think Matilda Magic! That name has always stuck with me cos I thought it sounded awesome! I like Katelyn better than Caitlyn totally get what you mean friends of ours have Jaxon but he mostly gets Jack and I think it's strange...
    I know, I so wanted to call her Matilda but shes not a Matilda. Shes not... I dunno... Its too "sweet" a name. Df very affectionately said we cant give her a sweet name because shes a fiesty bish. Lol. She is. Shes awesome. But shes not a Matilda.

He really wanted to call her kiki as well so I literally found katelyn googling "kiki short for" because over my dead body was her name going to be Kiki Magic. So it also needed to be a K to 'sell it' to DF.

We wanted jaxon if katelyn was a boy, and id decided it would shorten to Jax, not jacks. If I wanted jaxon to shorten to jacks id call him Jackson. (though we decided against that because Jackson was hugely popular 2011 because of MJ and because Jas and Jax... So we changed our minds to Jett for a boy

If you listen to me very carefully where most people call jasper Jazz for short I say jas. As in Jasper, dripping the 'per', I dont harden it into a Z.

Last edited by Boobycino; 22-04-2012 at 12:29.