+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I really don't know what to do

The only Christian private school here asks parents to sign a waiver to allow them to use the cane :/ um NO!
    Wow that's a bit extreme isn't it?

Is your DH a practicing Pentecostal? If so, then there shouldn't be much of an issue coz they will be attentions his church and will have friends of the same faith to associate with.

If I was in ur dh's position I'd rather my kids went to a Christian school than public coz we'd mostly believe the same things... And celebrate the same feasts and have values based on God and the bible's teachings...
    What are the public schools in ur area like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm Catholic and am very passionate about my religion and I want it to be depicted for what it really is. If people criticise or question is principles that's fine but you can't say stuff that's inaccurate to others who don't know anything about it if ur unsure.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (22-04-2012),TheseBoysMumma  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I'm Catholic and am very passionate about my religion and I want it to be depicted for what it really is. If people criticise or question is principles that's fine but you can't say stuff that's inaccurate to others who don't know anything about it if ur unsure.
    I understand that.. But you're saying what the other poster said is inaccurate... It's inaccurate based on YOUR experience of the faith.. Each church is different and I'm sure that no 2 catholics believe EXACTLY the same thing... Do you?

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's a bit extreme isn't it?

Is your DH a practicing Pentecostal? If so, then there shouldn't be much of an issue coz they will be attentions his church and will have friends of the same faith to associate with.

If I was in ur dh's position I'd rather my kids went to a Christian school than public coz we'd mostly believe the same things... And celebrate the same feasts and have values based on God and the bible's teachings...
    What are the public schools in ur area like?
    Yep it's disgusting. Apparently it's not compulsory and that parents have the right to decline but then on the enrolment form it says that unless ALL PARTS are filled out it won't be accepted .

He's not a practicing pentecostal but he still holds his beliefs very strongly.

Public schools aren't an option. The ones in our area are horrible. High bullying rates, high absenteeism, I'd rather move than send them to the public schools. Which is really disappointing because I went to public school and it was great.

Plus the christian school fees are double the catholic fees and the discount structure for subsequent children isn't as generous as for the catholic school.

Why does it have to be hard?

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The feast of the ascension is very Catholic!! To recognise an acceptable Catholic Bible, it must have an Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat in the front. (according to my Catholic raised mother!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I really don't know what to do

The only Christian private school here asks parents to sign a waiver to allow them to use the cane :/ um NO!
    WHAT?!?! Well I'm sorry but that's FAR from biblical! And nope "spare the rod spoil the child" ISN'T in the bible!

As a Pentecostal Christian I have a problem with catholic schools and our DD goes to a baptist school that's attached to AOG church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask a question?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I understand that.. But you're saying what the other poster said is inaccurate... It's inaccurate based on YOUR experience of the faith.. Each church is different and I'm sure that no 2 catholics believe EXACTLY the same thing... Do you?

Actually no. All catholic churches need to be the same. Catholic means universal so you hear the exact same service in Uganda as you would hear in Brisbane or in rome. Yes there are right wing and left wing believers but they are individuals not the church.

Hope that makes sense.

In regards to the op. Catholics are Christians. Christians include Anglicans, Protestants, Methodists, Pentecostals, Catholics, baptists, sda etc. All who believe in Christ are Christians. It's the way that's different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    some believe you will be asleep until Jesus returns and once the old earth is destroyed the righteous will then go the the new earth (heaven)..

But the bible says the earth will stand forever and it speaks of a new heaven (heavenly government) and a new earth (righteous society of people). How can the new earth mean heaven if in the same scripture it says 'a new heaven and a new earth' ?

Not aiming that at u poster just thinking out loud!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Well if you look at the things I talked about or corrected yea all Catholics do believe the same.
    1. We ask Mary to intercede for us.
    2. We most definitely celebrate the risen Christ and the use of the cross in church is to remind us of His sacrifice for us.
    3. We believe in a forgiving God if we sincerely ask for forgiveness.
    ThIs is what all traditional Catholics, practicing Catholics believe. These are basic non-grey facts within the catholic church so is pretty black and white.
    The person commenting is not of that faith and IMO should not have commented as if what she was saying is fact. Saying this, I didn't mean to offend her in correcting her... Just to let the OP know that that is not what Catholics believe.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (22-04-2012),share a book  (22-04-2012)