+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like the other Mum was being a bit harsh, not to mention very rude in front of children too.....Did you get your DS to apologise? Because regardless of the other mothers rudeness, he needs to know it's not ok to behave that way (my DS1 was a biter, so i know how horrible it can be).

When i take my two to the library (4 and 2yo) the 2yo is in the pram, the 4yo reads in the kids corner or comes along with me to whatever i'm looking at.

ETA: Sorry, just realised this is in the SP section...
    Last edited by LlamaMa; 22-04-2012 at 14:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When can't parents take their children to a library and most libraries have childrens areas with a little play area? Way out of line for her no matter what your daughter did to her child. Kids are kids and will be kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Obviously no one wants their child hit but at the same time other parents need to understand that two year olds can act this way at times. Children are not made out of cotton wool, my daughter is pushed, smacked etc often at playgrounds, she just gets back up and carries on. I think as long as you told your child to apologise, who cares? no harm done really.
    Also I would be mortified if another parent acted like that in front of children... very odd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She sounds like some sort of crazy rageful bogan. Her behaviour was much worse than that of a 2yo.

My son has hurt other kids a few times. I always chastise him, and apologise. I wouldn't expect to be sworn at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow, because she's setting an awesome example of appropriate interaction for her child.

Try (I know it's hard) try not to let her get to you. She clearly has issues (whether just that day or overall) way bigger than you and your son. Jeepers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

share a book  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Swearing around people's children you don't know is not very good manners, I agree with that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Look I am not saying my son is an angel, he was wrong to hit the little girl, but calling me a b!tch of a mother isn't going to solve anything. I did tell Nathan off and was about to apologize to the mother...until she said that.

She came up to me fuming, shaking her finger at me. I felt intimidated. If some kid hit one of my kids I'd say to the parent/carer "excuse me your son/daughter is being a bit rough" or something like that. Not call the mother names. Just because my son can be a bit rough and I'll admit a bit of a bully doesn't mean I am a mad mother. I did not deserve that!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    her reaction is over the top. Kids will be kids, and surely her little one has not suffered any injury from Nathan. A simple apology, and more careful watching is all that was needed. Not swearing and calling you a 'b*tch of a mum. that is uncalled for. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know, I take DS out to parks and play centres all the time and because he is still so little and wants to go on all the big equipment/play with the bigger kids, I have to watch him like a hawk - I see kids hit/push each other ALL the time. I'm often the only parent that sees it and I ALWAYS step in and say calmly but firmly 'ah be careful and play nicely please!' and look the 'hitting' child right in the eye. But I am not nasty, just stern and I never am rude to the parent, although I would step in further if the child continued and the parent wasn't watching or acting on it. But usually children respond well to a stranger saying something and usually stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id of told her to go ***** herself, because that would of ****ed me off and I have anger issues

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tricks For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (25-04-2012),mum2bubba  (25-04-2012)