+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeling frustrated, emotional, sad, and angry

I'm currently living with my mother my two children, their father and my Dropkick brother, I have 12 weeks until baby three is due and need to be moved by then as its only a two bedroom place. Mums in Adelaide ATM for work and my brother is being nasty as he does when mum isn't around, he is 23 and sharing a room with my mother because his own room is mouldy and filthy and he's too lazy to clean it!!!! So I had to go into mums room this morning to get my shoes and he went off at me saying "I'm trying to fcuking sleep you wancker! Get the f out and close the door ya f.n spastic" etc etc, my 2 year old could hear everything and got really upset.. I need to get out of here but I have no money and no where to go, I just wish my mother would stand up to my brother but she wont because no one ever knows how he will react... anyway, just venting I guess, I'm feeling very fragile at the moment.. thanks if you got this far.

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the worst part is my on again off again partner, the kids father just sat their... he just sat there and didn't say a word, and when I broke down in tears... he just sat there,...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    And the worst part is my on again off again partner, the kids father just sat their... he just sat there and didn't say a word, and when I broke down in tears... he just sat there,...

You poor thing. Is your partner working? Centerlink could help, the housing trust will help you find a place.
    It's kinda creepy that you mum and brother share a room. He sounds like an *******

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't share a bed, just a room, and mum wants him out but he wont... nope my partner isn't working or getting centrelink at the moment, we are living out of town and he has no licence I've applied for all the housing help i can but have been told even being on the priority list there's up to a 2 year wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't share a bed, just a room, and mum wants him out but he wont... nope my partner isn't working or getting centrelink at the moment, we are living out of town and he has no licence I've applied for all the housing help i can but have been told even being on the priority list there's up to a 2 year wait

First thing you do is go to centerlink, they will put you on parenting partnered payments and he will be on newstart ( for people looking for work) then you look for a place and once you find it call the housing trust an they will pay the bond for you and if you lose it you have to pay them back.

That's how it works. Ive been there and it really is that easy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm already on centrelink payments, will the housing trust do this even if I move interstate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked up the housing trust and it seems its only SA, I know the department of housing will pay half of my bind but only if we nice within the state we are already living in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    shame your not in sydney... housing department helped us when we needed a bond etc. they paid the whole lot. have you had a meeting with them and tried to get a little more assistance?
    so sorry about your situation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked up the housing trust and it seems its only SA, I know the department of housing will pay half of my bind but only if we nice within the state we are already living in.

They should pay it all, they have for me twice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

OneNowOneLater  (21-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When my DH was out of work a few years back the owners sold the house we were renting and we had to move out so I went to the department of emergency housing and all they asked for was that we show bank statements and any centrelink statements as proof. They then told us we could look for a house and the housing department would pay the bond for us. Like Neekie said, it's pretty easy, you just have to find the right department in your state and take it from there. even if you go to a charity of some sort and tell them that you are being forced to live in a 2 bedroom house with 7 people, 3 of them being children, I'm sure they could help in some way.
    Also, centrelink do loans. Can you apply for an advance payment lump sum from them to help with moving costs?
    If the place will only pay for you to move within the same state, can't you just do that for now, even though it might not be your ideal choice?
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 21-04-2012 at 16:49.