+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD's name is quite nice. It's a fairly common name, in her grade alone there is at least 3 other girls with the same name (one of which is in her class) so she gets called by her first and last name by everyone, which i hate because she has her fathers last name. Her father named DD after a girl he was trying to impress. i didn't know where the name came from til she was almost 18months old and i had left him, one of his friends told me that's where it came from but was sworn to secrecy when i was pregnant with her. Pretty annoyed by that.

Her middle name is my middle name. I love that she has my middle name.

If my DH and i have any kids together ( ) Then we are going to use a hyphenated middle name for a girl (my middle name and DHs grandmothers first name). I'm not sure i like the grandmothers name, it's really old fashioned and with his really long last name, it's a huge mouthful on its own with the last name lol. If we have a boy we are going to use a family name on my side of the family. My granddad (first name), dad/brother/nephews middle names. I love it and was really close to my granddad which is why we're going to use it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to c2p08 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not one bit..I am so in love with her name..the name popped into my head when I was about 6 months preg

It is very hard to name a child though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love our DDs name we were only talking about how much my DH and I still love it a couple of days ago! Everyone always comments on how beautiful it is <3 we also shorten it for a nickname but she also has a completely inappropriate nickname that we call her that came from her nickname when she was in my tummy! We had to limit the amount we use it as when she was little she stopped responding to her name and only to her silly nickname oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting that previous poster say they regret having more than one middle name, as for the first time this is what we are now considering. A the first and middle name rhyme I wanted to put a three letter name in between to give it a break up. It is not too long in total but of course it is still three names. Our last name is two syllables so not too long either. Decisions, decisions... Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DD4, I really wanted a particular name, which is more of a nickname. Her father agreed on the condition that we give her the root name as her real name, but we could always call her by the short version I wanted.

That worked out well at first, and she was only ever known as the short version. Then about mid-primary school, she switched schools and the new teacher addressed her by the long name. She liked it and decided to be that name at school and the short name everywhere else. After a couple of years it grew on her and she asked to be called by the long name only.

It is her choice and I followed her wishes, but I really liked the short name and regret that it wasn't the name on her birth certificate so she didn't have a choice, but her father had been insistent.

=================

DD3, her father named and I ended up regretting that it had the same first letter as DD2. (He did it because he really wanted a middle name for DD2 which I said no to, so he had to use it for DD3 and chose the first name to suit.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No regrets I don't like that it's becoming popular though! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No regrets as i love his names but just wish i spelt his first name differently. His middle name holds a lot of meaning and they both go together really well.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    Interesting that previous poster say they regret having more than one middle name, as for the first time this is what we are now considering. A the first and middle name rhyme I wanted to put a three letter name in between to give it a break up. It is not too long in total but of course it is still three names. Our last name is two syllables so not too long either. Decisions, decisions... Lol
    DS has two middle names, and so will this baby - all family names, one from each side for each kid. I don't regret the two middle names, but be aware that they will often just be referred to by the first middle name i.e.: DS's middle name is Peter John but his Medicare card just has his first name and middle initial as "P".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

Nicky2006  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate HATE my sons middle name of "Rusty"...
    I only agreed to it as DP loved it, like whole Heartedly fell in love with it...

But I look on the positive, at least it isn't his first name