+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you have any name regrets?

Naming has been lately a huge topic for me, having our baby in two weeks and generally I love reading about people's naming decisions and what influenced them.
    My big topic is middle names.
    I absolutely LOVE my oldest FULL name. I didnt chose his middle name as a middle name but rather as a second first name iykwim. Basically I couldnt decide between two names so I just took both And 6 years on I am still very happy.
    Now my little one's middle name I absolutely regret I love his first name but for the middle name I have been pushed by dh to go after family (which is usually not my cup of tea AT ALL). So now ds2 shares his middle name with about 5 trillion other people and on top it is not even one that I like, kind of neither here nor there...
    My two best friends both ended up using the middle name as the first name after approx a year.
    Long story short, do you have any name regrets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think my daughter's name is a bogan name.

I was 19 when I named her, and it was the only option her father made (he didn't agree to any of my suggestions) that I didn't absolutely loathe so I agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often think I wish I had called my son just Quinn not Quincy,

But everyone always comments on how lovely Quincy is so I feel a bit like why the hell don't I adore that I chose Quincy instead? (Plus Quinn is pretty common now)

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I regret DS2's name somewhat. It really doesn't go with our last name... sounds pretty bad actually.
    Another downside is it's a unisex name but seems to be more popular as a girls name.
    I didn't even give him a unique middle name to fall back on if he decides he doesn't like his first name. He shares his with his brother as i struggled to come up with anything original.
    I guess at the end of the day if he really doesn't like his name i will support him in changing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    dd2 is Amelia.but she gets millie.no one calls her Amelia.i think i have maybe twice in her 2.5 years of being here but really wish we had just named her millie.oh well

Sent from my GT-S5660V using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting topic, subscribing out if interest as we have to choose names in a few months and we can't agree.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I regret giving my sons two middle names. They have the longest names in the world now. Its very annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2's name was abandoned about a month before she was born (due to it being a major character in the new Disney movie).

Then she went into special care nursery and the nurses were insistant that she needed a name ASAP ... so the name selection was rushed and I was never quite happy with it.

A couple of months later I stumbled across the perfect name, but it was too late.

-----------------

And not giving them my surname (in addition to their fathers surname). However that is being fixed at present.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I loved DS name for either a boy or a girl...so there was no worrying about that. Then I liked the nickname that he could use if his middle name started with a specific letter....FOB middle name happened to start with that name so we just used that to 'fill in the gap' so to speak.

I dont hate his name but I dont love it. The middle name had no namesake in FOB family so DS isnt carrying anything on really....unless you think of it as he is now carrying it on to start their own legacy? Meh, whatever Lol
    His name is VERY generic and common but that doesnt really bother me. It works well that he has this lettered nickname because in his class this year is another child with the same first name, so DS asked to be called by his nickname and everybody is happy.
    Id like to think if I had any more kids (which I wont) Id be a bit more creative with names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do I always wanted a boy named cooper but hid dad hated the name so I didn't use it. Instead I was in a rush to name him and his dad was no help so I named him Trevor Jordan and now I wish I had named him Jordan as the first name.