+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone travelled overseas for Gender Selection??

I have 3 daughters and desperately want a son to add to my family. I am terrified to try again and have another daughter. I just wanted to see if there was anyone on here who has traveled overseas for the sole purpose of Gender Selection?

I know this is a controversial topic so please I've heard it all before be happy with what you have and all that, please only post if you support or have information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally haven't but I do know there are hubbers that have or are planning on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't, but it's something I would consider in the future if this baby is another boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We really want a little girl. If we get all boys then I would consider as we cannot afford to "keep going" until we get a girl ( and get up with a soccer team). Whilst we would love any happy healthy baby I think if we already have one (or more) of one gender then we should be able to pick the other gender.

However I don't think it's right in countries like China ( but that's because they can only have 1 child) if they could have two (or more) then it wouldn't be an issue
    Last edited by Plan2bamummy; 20-04-2012 at 21:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I personally haven't but I do know there are hubbers that have or are planning on it.
    Ohh I hope one of them comes across this post, I would live to hear there plans!!

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dp and I were planning on it, for a variety of reasons. He had a vasectomy, so we just figured that seeing as we're doing the whole ivf thing anyway we may as well go the whole hog! Seems pretty cold blooded when I read that back, but there really are some good reasons for trying for a particular colour.

That was when we thought I'd fall pregnant easily, though. Now I'm desperate for any emby to stick, pink blue or polka dot! The thought of multiple travel expenses on top of what we already pay is enough to do my head in!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm new to bubhub I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has done this? Would love to hear back/updates or have someone PM me. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhopeful24 View Post
    Hi I'm new to bubhub I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has done this? Would love to hear back/updates or have someone PM me. TIA
    I don't have experience in this area but just FYI- you don't have enough posts to receive PMs yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I don't have experience in this area but just FYI- you don't have enough posts to receive PMs yet.
    Oh ok I didn't know that will have to get posting, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't done it but looked into it. I'm pregnant with my 3rd boy an would so dearly love a daughter. I looked into superior ART in Bangkok that works with Genea here. They are based in Sydney but u can do it from interstate etc. U do need to see them for at least one appt in Sydney.
    In total it was going to cost $12K all up and of course that's no guarantee of the pregnancy sticking or progressing.

I only did the initial inquires etc as at tho stage we are unsure if we would go ahead or not.

If u want some more details I'm happy to give u any info I know.