I'd really like to hear from anyone who delayed clamping their bubs cord.
How long did it take to stop pulsing?
Did you then have the injection to deliver placenta?
Did you have a pph?
I had my antenatal appointment this morning, and I asked about delaying. The midwife checked my record and said that as I had a pph with dds birth then I would bleed again this time, so no. And I said 'but you can't give me the injection if I don't consent.' And she told me, 'no, you will have the injection, they will just document the fact that I didn't consent.'
So now, I'm considering not allowing cord clamping until it stops pulsating, then cut cord, then injection to deliver placenta. Wdyt?
Can they really inject me with something despite my refusing consent?
Wish Dh would just let me homebirth and be left alone.