+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Induction at 39 weeks, how did it work out for you?

Just wanting to hear other people's experiences with being induced at 39 weeks...

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced at 38+6 due to pre eclempsia. I ended up having a forceps delivery which was not great. From the experience I certainly wouldn't chose to be induced if I didn't have to for medical reasons.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LilPetal For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Induced at 38/39 for blood pressure. Ended in emergency cs. I definitely would not opt for induction unless medically necessary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced at 39 weeks due yo unstable sugar with gestational diabetes.

Had 1 dose of gel on the Wednesday morning, not much happened, small contractions. Had a second dose of gel later on that night. Spent the Wednesday night on the maternity ward to get some rest as not much much was happening.

Woke up the Thursday morning and had my waters broken and put on the drip... An hour in and i had an epi, slept for a bit then woke up and was 9cm dilated. An hour later DD was born

The epi was the best thing i did... I was so exhausted and it let me rest up until go time.

If you have and specific questions id be happy to answer for you?

All in all i had a pretty good induction

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CupidsVictim For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with my 3rd at 39+2 because of gestational diabetes.

I had 1 dose of gel at 8am, contractions started within 20minutes. Bubs was born 4.5hours later. The midwife didn't believe me when I said needed to push as I was still laughing and chatting to her, but to her surprise I was fully dialated. Definitely the best and easiest births of them all.

I would definitely be induced again if needed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel13 For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with DD at 40 + 12. I had the gel, waters broken and put on the drip. I had an epidural as contractions come on really fast and close together. 7 hour labour. I was also induced with DS at 40 + 8. I had the gel and waters broken. Again contractions were really fast and close together so had an epidural. 7 hour labour as well.

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd so I would have no problem being induced again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out today that I may need to be induced at 39 weeks for medical reasons, and just trying to weigh it all up.

I was induced at 40 weeks first time around, which was fairly straight forward, but am concerned that being induced earlier may not be so straight forward.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had 2 39 inducements and sorry to say but they were horrible. Mine was due to a blood clot (PE-lung clot) my first labour was 39hrs and because of the clot I wasn't allowed to have an epidural I delivered naturally but it was traumatic. My 2nd was pretty straight forward but only a 6hr labour, not allowed drugs and delivered fine. Once I had my 3rd and realised labour actually wasn't THAT painful I realised how horrible inductions were and would never have one again! EVER

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I was induced at 38+3 as I was bleeding and then had a hindwater leak - things did not progress so my waters were broken and I was put on the drip. Four hours after the drip went in and after a shot of pethidine DS was born. I had a wonderful if somewhat intense labour but I have nothing to compare it to, and would not hesitate to be induced again if needed.

DS was born screaming so there were no issues there. He was a bit slow to get the hang of feeding but with some great midwives we got there pretty quickly.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been induced at 40+5, 38+3 and 39+2.
    The easiest and best labour was the 38+3, but my other 2 were much bigger babies.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

bada  (20-04-2012)