+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10 month not sleeping through

Ok.. I don't want to get judged but I have a 10 month old baby that just refuses to go to sleep. Once we do get him to sleep ( usually takes anywhere between an hour to 2 hours) he won't sleep through. He wakes up at least 4 times a night on a good night and at least 6-8 times on a bad night. I usually give him the boob.because I have no energy to try to settle him another way.

Someone told me to give him a tiny bit of cough mixture and he will sleep through the night.

Is this true? Has anyone else tried it? I want to try it because I'm really tired of not sleeping and being woken up at 6 and just not having energy for anything

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry to tell you I have a three year old who still wakes sometimes at night. It is tiring, but it gets better and as time goes on they wake less often and for shorter periods..

Cough mixture - no. I think that's a really bad idea for a lot of reasons. But to list a few, you may end up with a situation where bub will only go to sleep after it and if bub gets a cough and needs it, it might not work.

Assuming you arent co sleepers. Try getting a sippy cup, and just give them water. They will probs flip out a few times but after a while will get over it. they realize its pretty boring and the waking tends to become less frequent. Also just lay with them and offer a cuddle for comfort. This is probably what they are actually seeking.

We are co sleepers in our house, If this were me I would just put them in bed with me and go back to sleep. To me then everyone's happy

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My 16 month old does the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 22 mo is just as bad. A good night is twice and a bad night every hour. BUT he does have a few health issues which compounds it. Reflux, ear problems, ulcers and iron deficiency.

Perhaps see your gp to eliminate anything causing him to wake.

My other 2 healthy ones didn't sleep thru until they were 2 1/2. From my experience they woke up more often When something was wrong.

Your not alone. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD was a shocking sleeper at 10mths old. I remember crying cos she just wouldnt stay asleep. We started co-sleeping then and life instantly became better.

she was waking 3-4 times between 8pm-6am for a feed. In hindsight - it was my fault as I was trying to get her to eat more solids during the day and limiting her BFs. so poor bubba had to catch up overnight. Then someone on here mentioned that you dont limit bf when you start solids but rather solids are an addition.... that was when i went back to 3hrly feeds during the day and the night feeds dropped to 2 - 11pm ish and 4am ish. She continued those feeds till I night weaned at 14mths.

has your bub always slept like this or is this a new thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I feel your pain. Our DD has really struggled to sleep on her own from birth. We resorted to cosleeping from about 6 months until 1 year. In the end we loved cosleeping and I will do it with our next bub. My DD is now 13 months old and she has just started sleeping in her room all night without waking up!!!! We are at 8 nights straight. I did this by sleeping in her room with her rather than bringing her in with us. I truly think it is a developmental thing and there is not much you can do about it but ride it out. Teething was a major issue for us, when DD was teething she struggled to sleep and I would be up 6-10 times per night. It was a lot easier to have her in with rather than walking back and forth from my room to hers. Good luck and I hope it gets better. There is nothing worse than being sleep deprived.