+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Whippet is offline Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default This is the strangest experience. Please tell me I'm not alone!

Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this. I hope it's ok just tucked in here.

My kids are 8 and 10. I stopped breastfeeding when my youngest was 6 months. I came out as gay 8 years ago and haven't had sex with a man for longer than that.

For the last few days my breast have been getting bigger and heavier - they actually feel like breastfeeding breasts. I'm feeling the let-down sensation and had a wet circle stain around one side when I woke the other morning. I took myself off to the doctor, he was a little concerned, apparently this is quite uncommon. He has done a few blood tests - including a pregnancy test for his peace of mind - to get the ball rolling in order to find out what's going on.

Today I am feeling little flutters in my belly. Like when your baby is about 4-5 months and you get the first little butterfly flutters. THIS is really freaking me out.

I cannot be pregnant! No chance, no how. What the hell is going on??? Has anyone had anything like this happen before? I am not feeling clucky to have a baby, I am not around any babies... This is so strange - I hope I'm not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bloating can cause 'flutters', a hormone imbalance can cause the breast issues, and also bloating etc

I hope they sort it out for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Whippet  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow hope you get some answers soon, no help just hugs. I can understand why your freaking out!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

Whippet  (20-04-2012)

Whippet is offline Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I really hope so WCM, I'm actually a little scared. Thank you for your words!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mumma inky xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get your doc to test for an infection in you milk ducts/glands.

My mum experienced something similar - thought she was producing milk, but it was a liquidy symptom of an infection.

Hormones are incredible things, and your body may be going through certain changes.

Hope it all gets sorted - but hey, if you do end up with a miracle baby - make sure you come back and fill us all in

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Whippet  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, that IS odd

I get those flutters every month, actually... So that could be pretty common, maybe you just didn't notice it before...? I never noticed until I started keeping a diary for TTC.

As far as the boobs go... Hope that's all cleared up soon... Must be on your mind a lot... I hope it's nothing...

All the best...

Thanks
    Reviews
    FiveInTheBed, you just triggered a thought. Argh! I wonder if I'm going through 'the change'. It's a bit early to be that though, I think. It really should wait until I've finished my degree, I need my brain for study.

Oh god, if there IS a baby in there you'll be hearing it splattered all over the news. Either that or they'll have to drag me off to the padded room of a psych ward. If the latter is not the case I'll be sure to share the news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe Daydream, your name had me singing along to the song. Thanks lovey.

xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Whippet For This Useful Post:

laurea  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    don't worry, I'm sure your brain will be fine!

*also goes off singing songs about home coming queens...*