+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just as a little tangent- what I love about ivf is the bigger boozies, even if they're only there for a month

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoppyLoppy For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post

Wow the list is never ending isnt it. I guarantee as soon as I get my BFP all these hate thoughts will vanish from my mind but until then I despise everything IVF as my life feels its being put on hold for this silly game of roulette
    No it doesn't Meshell. I still hate it all with a passion, even thinking about the hard times still make me tear up, esp the lost potential babies. My age aside after this bub, I don't think I'd want to ever do this again.

Strangely with this stupid gamble addiction, when I finally feel that we'll be getting a take home baby (next week), I still don't feel as if I've won something. It's a feeling of "Wow, thank God I scraped through this time".
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 24-04-2012 at 19:04.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Lucasmumma  (27-04-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    When I see my child I believe I will be more overwhelmed with how thankful I am that I live in a day and age where science and medicine has been able to give me a child where if this was 50 years ago I wouldnt have had a hope in hell conceiving with my husbands sperm.
    I hate that I am going through IVF never thought at 25 years of age married house great job and husband we would find he had dud sperm and I would be going through all this cr@p to conceive. But I tell you if this is my only chance of us having our own child then I am thankful.

Good luck with the birth of your child next week I am extremely envious I cannot wait to be in the same position!!
    Agreed! I thought I was pushing sh*t uphill getting a house at 21 married at 23 that was easy in comparison to making a baby at 24!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    No it doesn't Melzey. I still hate it all with a passion, even thinking about the hard times still make me tear up, esp the lost potential babies. My age aside after this bub, I don't think I'd want to ever do this again.

Strangely with this stupid gamble addiction, when I finally feel that we'll be getting a take home baby (next week), I still don't feel as if I've won something. It's a feeling of "Wow, thank God I scraped through this time".
    This.

I have a beautiful dd from out first cycle and yes the pain went away for a while. But when we were ready to try again all those emotions returned. It's heart breaking on a different level because I feel like my DD deserves a sibling. She is wonderful with babies and adores them. I am now fighting for me, dh and now dd to get another baby and that pressure is enormous. I always thought the pressure would subside once I had ONE perfect baby. Nope, I want it just as bad and I am scared for some many other reasons this time.

I also get afraid of losing her. She had her first operation today (just grommets in day surgery) and I am sure every mum gets upset but I feel like I was upset on a whole new level. She is my miracle and my entire world. She was so hard to get, what if I ever lose her? I am so scared of this. Would I live with these constant feelings of fear if I had of conceived her naturally? Maybe a little bit, but probably not to this extent.

I also hate when people say well you have one perfect baby...as if to say, so what if you can't have another one. Well my feelings aren't any different to anyone else who can conceive naturally. When your baby gets to a certain age (for me, 1 yr old) you start to get clucky again. What am I supposed to do with those feelings, switch them off because I already have one perfect baby? That's not fair, and no I can not. I love her in a way that no one else (that conceives naturally) will ever understand. ivf has left me as damaged goods...on so many levels.
    Last edited by nicole83; 24-04-2012 at 14:37.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (26-04-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if other clinics are the same, but I hate that they tell you to NOT expect it to work the first time (meaning they don't think it will either), yet they don't organise for you to see the FS to start a new cycle on time if it doesn't work.

My FET was a BFN and my AF came early and I was told that I would have to wait another month because I was 1 day behind...well I wouldn't have been 1 day behind if you had already organised for me to see you incase it didn't work.

I cried and got my way, but I feel terrible about it

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I also wanted to add I hate how emotional it is...

I started jabbing again yesterday and I cry everytime I do it because, for me, last time I did all this I got pregnant but unfortunately lost it.
    I guess it just reminds me of how I felt the first time around, and makes me upset that I may never feel that way again because it will never work.

Oh geez...shouldn't have read and posted in here just before work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ... Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I don't know if other clinics are the same, but I hate that they tell you to NOT expect it to work the first time (meaning they don't think it will either), yet they don't organise for you to see the FS to start a new cycle on time if it doesn't work.

My FET was a BFN and my AF came early and I was told that I would have to wait another month because I was 1 day behind...well I wouldn't have been 1 day behind if you had already organised for me to see you incase it didn't work.

I cried and got my way, but I feel terrible about it
    This is why I always do the sneaky and book extra appointments! I have one may 11 ad incase they cants sign off on us starting I booked another for June a week before as is due incase I've lost enough by then to start I don't want to miss a cycle because thy re too busy for me I'm booking a drugs appointment etc too. And I'll do the same if by June it's still a no I'll book another appointment plus the drugs and counseling I refuse to have to wait just because of scheduling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well see, I thought I was being smart by booking ahead but they said they couldn't see me until May and I guess I chucked a polite wobbly on the phone and they got me in yesterday which would have been fine if my AF came on time and not early!

I was just so miffed that I would have to wait another month all because of 1 day, but then my FS said that 1 day can make all the difference, so now I'm worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    Well see, I thought I was being smart by booking ahead but they said they couldn't see me until May and I guess I chucked a polite wobbly on the phone and they got me in yesterday which would have been fine if my AF came on time and not early!

I was just so miffed that I would have to wait another month all because of 1 day, but then my FS said that 1 day can make all the difference, so now I'm worried
    Hmm I don't know honestly. It's so annoying when cycles and appointments don't line up quite right makes the process that much longer