+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Developmental Dysplaysia of the Hips

Hi, I'm wondering if someone is in the same situation.
    My daughter was diagnosed with severe DDH of both hips at 6 weeks old and instantly went into a pavlik harness, after 8 weeks they than put her into a dennis brown bar, she has been in this for 4 weeks now. We went to a check up last week and her hips only improved by 1 degree, so we have to go back in 6 weeks and get an x-ray and ultrasound. They are hoping that by then she will have "normal" hips, but they said if she doesnt we will have to keep it on for another 6 weeks and if they still arnt "normal" than we have to discuss doing something different.
    I'm very confused on what else there is to do? The doctor said they will keep the brace on until they're fixed, so why did he say we will need to discuss doing something different? Is something different meaning surgery? I'm so very confused and worried that my daughter is going through all of this to only have to go through surgery and a cast!! Has anyone been through this or something similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my daughter has just been diagnosed with DDH. She is 2 weeks old and has just been put in a Von Rosen splint a few days ago and has been inconsolable since it's been on. Crying hysterically and barely sleeping and very hard to comfort.

Any update on your daughter??

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor things. I just happened to see your messages and it brought back all the memories! I can't really help you with your questions but I just wanted to say that both my girls had hip dysplasia and braces and they are both now completely fine. It's a tough time but trust me, they don't remember any of it and you will forget too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I forgot I made this thread.
    It has been a very long journey for my little girl.
    She is now 10months old and completely brace free!!
    She got her brace off at almost 8months old.
    She started crawling and rolling in it.
    Since she has gotten it off, she stands and wobbles along the furniture and is extremely flexible. You would never know that she had a problem at all.
    Right now you are probably feeling like its never going to end, but it will!
    I realised a few months ago after my friend lost his 2 month old baby, that if the worst thing I have to go through as a parent is having a daughter with bad hips than I am still one extremely lucky parent!! She is still healthy in every other way and she wont remember it.
    I send you luck and hope it all works out for your baby. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Developmental Dysplaysia of the Hips

Thanks, we took her back in and switched to a Pavlick Harness and she was infinitely happier. Still uncomfortable but nowhere near as bad.
    Hopefully it can come off next week!