+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    No Bratz or similar dolls. This is fine, because she prefers Marvel dolls anyway.
    No makeup kits.
    None of the Fur-Real or Zuuzuu pets things, simply because I despise the random, loud noises they make. Also, I heartily disapprove of Fur-Real's "teacup puppies in a handbag" toys.

Other than that, she can play with anything. Her toy room is a giant bookshelf with her mini-daybed under the window for reading, a giant lego box, a storage unit with a pull-out tub for dinosaurs, superheros, My Little Pony, Schleich {spelling?} animal collection, and army collection. Her army collection was my grandfather's, and has Australian, American, German, Japanese and Russian men, tanks, cars, weapons and buildings.

Then she has a vintage writing desk, the wooden ones that has an ink pot holder, and the desk lifts up for storing books. That's where all her colouring books, paper and pens are. Then a giant dollhouse and dolls, a pile of soft toys, and an 'assorted' toybox, which has things like yoyos, spinning tops, horns, toy cars and trucks, and other random things in it.
    she has a stove, mop, broom, iron, mini kitchen and a mini toolchest as well.

I won't stop my boys having toy guns. Guns don't kill people, killers with guns kill people, and if they don't have a gun, it's a knife, a baton, a sword, hell, even a sharp stick will do if someone is determined to hold up a store or seriously injure someone.
    Guns are not a weapon unless used as such, and it is extremely possible for guns to be used in a responsible manner.
    The only time kids get a hold on guns at home is if they're being stored in an irresponsible manner. LEGALLY they have to be in a gun safe, with ammunition and the guns stored seperately, and when PROPERLY set up, it can't be broken into by children, or by anyone who doesn't have the combination.

I will promote responsible ownership, not baseless paranoia, much in the same manner that I've taught DD not to discriminate against certain dog breeds.
    Oh my ... I want to live in her play room it sounds fun

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No gun or weapon type toys , anything else I have no issues with ... That's my only no-no.

Pre kids I would have thought oh they are just toys , now I have kids it just doesn't sit right , I wouldn't think twice of someone else letting their own kids play with them but for myself I just couldnt bring myself to buy them .

And I only discovered this when DS had 1000 coupons to redeem for a prize at bowling. The man said to us " all that's left for 1000 tickets is these toy gun / grenade packs" . We had never even discussed this topic before but dh and I both looked at each other instantly and said NOPE.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Oh I love the monster high dolls would it be weird for a boy to have these haha
    Not at all!

I got them more for me than her, I love them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No bratz, monster high, or 'tarty' looking dolls. Sorry Gothchick

Probably contradicting myself, but I feel like Barbie is a bit more wholesome. I grew up with Barbie and feel a bit nostalgic about her...

No make up for little kids.

Otherwise most things are fine by me. I'm pretty devastated about how different the latest generation of My Little Pony is from those I had in the 80s. If they still looked like the old ones I would be buying all of them!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I let my kids play with whatever toys they like. My 5 year old is into barbies, brats, wrestling figurines, rescue heroes so she is pretty fun to shop for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Not at all!

I got them more for me than her, I love them too!
    Lol, I think I'm going to collect them for myself.

I have a doll obsession.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer natural fibre toys. My kids have a stack of handmade dolls and softies, wooden puzzles, games, toys.

They get given lots of plastic crap, which goes in the giant playpen for visitors to play with.

I have a few collections I'm not precious about which they play with, they're both gentle.

We're not strict with what they can play with, mostly with what we buy them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't allow toy guns, swords, any toy with projectiles, toy knives and so on. They are only 4 and 5 and are too young for that sort of thing. But that's just me

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My kids dont play with toys. If they want one which is rare, i dont say no.

We have lots of sensory toys, and skill developing activities and books that they spend time on.

I want the boya to want those la la loopsy dolls (cause i want them) heh

Thanks
    Reviews
    We refuse to buy a Wii, Playstation etc..so many kids we know spend hours playing those things, and I would rather my children be outside playing. We have a PC which they can spend time on playing games if they wish, although that is time limited as well. All their freinds have Wii's etc, so they get the opportunity to play when visiting friend and I don't have the hassle of having to constantly say No....