+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll never buy anything 'branded' as long as DS is too small to make a choice. I don't.mind character toys and the like, I just hate things like packets of crayons with a picture of the wiggles on them so you pay double, or those foam fold out couches with Disney characters.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (20-04-2012),SarahTamar  (22-04-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Any weapons, weapons are not toys!
    Transformers (lookin at you London )
    Barbie, bratz..those ones!
    Anything that makes an annoying noise.
    Anything that looks poor quality.

I just put a huge pile of lego on layby as target had a sale on just have to resist the urge to open it all as its earmarked for birthdays/Christmas.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I also no longer buy Transformers with a million movable bits because it is too tricky and frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Transformers (lookin at you London )
    Snap! Stupid 'toys'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (20-04-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No Bratz or similar dolls. This is fine, because she prefers Marvel dolls anyway.
    No makeup kits.
    None of the Fur-Real or Zuuzuu pets things, simply because I despise the random, loud noises they make. Also, I heartily disapprove of Fur-Real's "teacup puppies in a handbag" toys.

Other than that, she can play with anything. Her toy room is a giant bookshelf with her mini-daybed under the window for reading, a giant lego box, a storage unit with a pull-out tub for dinosaurs, superheros, My Little Pony, Schleich {spelling?} animal collection, and army collection. Her army collection was my grandfather's, and has Australian, American, German, Japanese and Russian men, tanks, cars, weapons and buildings.

Then she has a vintage writing desk, the wooden ones that has an ink pot holder, and the desk lifts up for storing books. That's where all her colouring books, paper and pens are. Then a giant dollhouse and dolls, a pile of soft toys, and an 'assorted' toybox, which has things like yoyos, spinning tops, horns, toy cars and trucks, and other random things in it.
    she has a stove, mop, broom, iron, mini kitchen and a mini toolchest as well.

I won't stop my boys having toy guns. Guns don't kill people, killers with guns kill people, and if they don't have a gun, it's a knife, a baton, a sword, hell, even a sharp stick will do if someone is determined to hold up a store or seriously injure someone.
    Guns are not a weapon unless used as such, and it is extremely possible for guns to be used in a responsible manner.
    The only time kids get a hold on guns at home is if they're being stored in an irresponsible manner. LEGALLY they have to be in a gun safe, with ammunition and the guns stored seperately, and when PROPERLY set up, it can't be broken into by children, or by anyone who doesn't have the combination.

I will promote responsible ownership, not baseless paranoia, much in the same manner that I've taught DD not to discriminate against certain dog breeds.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

cheekymonstersmum  (22-04-2012),SarahTamar  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No guns at all. That includes nerff guns and water pistols. I don't like brazts either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    No Bratz or similar dolls. This is fine, because she prefers Marvel dolls anyway.
    No makeup kits.
    None of the Fur-Real or Zuuzuu pets things, simply because I despise the random, loud noises they make. Also, I heartily disapprove of Fur-Real's "teacup puppies in a handbag" toys.

Other than that, she can play with anything. Her toy room is a giant bookshelf with her mini-daybed under the window for reading, a giant lego box, a storage unit with a pull-out tub for dinosaurs, superheros, My Little Pony, Schleich {spelling?} animal collection, and army collection. Her army collection was my grandfather's, and has Australian, American, German, Japanese and Russian men, tanks, cars, weapons and buildings.

Then she has a vintage writing desk, the wooden ones that has an ink pot holder, and the desk lifts up for storing books. That's where all her colouring books, paper and pens are. Then a giant dollhouse and dolls, a pile of soft toys, and an 'assorted' toybox, which has things like yoyos, spinning tops, horns, toy cars and trucks, and other random things in it.
    she has a stove, mop, broom, iron, mini kitchen and a mini toolchest as well.

I won't stop my boys having toy guns. Guns don't kill people, killers with guns kill people, and if they don't have a gun, it's a knife, a baton, a sword, hell, even a sharp stick will do if someone is determined to hold up a store or seriously injure someone.
    Guns are not a weapon unless used as such, and it is extremely possible for guns to be used in a responsible manner.
    The only time kids get a hold on guns at home is if they're being stored in an irresponsible manner. LEGALLY they have to be in a gun safe, with ammunition and the guns stored seperately, and when PROPERLY set up, it can't be broken into by children, or by anyone who doesn't have the combination.

I will promote responsible ownership, not baseless paranoia, much in the same manner that I've taught DD not to discriminate against certain dog breeds.
    I completely agree with everything you said about guns children should learn about them and the correct use of guns not kept away from them as most people that use the weapons inappropriately are the uneducated people that buy them on illegally. Dh guns are all locked up safe in a safe that I don't even know where the key to it is as I don't have a license yet and I simply don't want to know.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

cheekymonstersmum  (22-04-2012),headoverfeet  (21-04-2012),SarahTamar  (22-04-2012),ToughLove  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    I don't mind DD having guns or anything of the likes.

I do contradict myself though because I always said I wouldn't buy her bratz dolls because to me, they look like tarts, but then I go and buy her the whole monster high range!

Attachment 21346
    Oh I love the monster high dolls would it be weird for a boy to have these haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly Molly Mandy View Post
    My In laws have a theme going when it comes to gifts for DD. toy oven, toy vacuum cleaner, toy cash register, toy shopping trolley and toy tea set. I hate the idea that all she is learning to do is shop and cook! Is that silly? My mum and brother have got her some nice unisex gifts tho like a toy laptop I hope I don't seem ungrateful, I'm not I promise, it's just I had higher hopes for her than being a domestic goddess by the age of 3 haha although I am a SAHM so there's nothing wrong with cooking and cleaning all day! *sigh*
    I don't think that's silly at all I want DS to have a varity of toys to play with not just boys. He can be whatever he wants to be he doesn't have to do stereo typical boy things :-)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely no guns or weapons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swords or sticks or metal poles or wooden rolling pins and possibly rope see my theme?

Ds likes to thump things, I (stupidly) brought him a wooden rolling pin, chilling on the couch turned into massive rolling pin meets head head ache :/ he thought it was hilarious

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub