+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What was your birthing experience like at Maitland Public Hospital?

Did you need to be covered for pregnancy under your phi to get a private room in hospital. I'm going to Maitland public again had a great birthing experience last time. I only stayed one night and day thanks to a bad experience sharing.

I have phi hospital cover just not the top cover that covers all pregnancy services.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies sorry to crash your thread.. I had been tossing up between Maitland and JHH for the birth of my bubs in December.. How do you go about being tranferred from the public to the private hospital? I have sent a referral off to JHH, havent had my first visit yet, but that doesn't mean I have to go through JHH does it? Could I still do a hospital visit with Maitland and see which hospital I'd prefer? Maitland would be better for us as it's closer.. Plus I didn't even know there was a private hospital in Maitland!! Sorry for all the questions, I hope someone can help
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My experience was amazing to say the least! I went in there with my birthplan and had two midwives in my birthing suite. I wanted a natural water birth, and that's what I got. The midwives pretty much just watched on (as I wanted) while I went about birthing my baby girl. They did however suggest I may have to discuss a c-section when I had been pushing for two hours, but they gave me a little longer so I had the chance to birth her the way I wanted, and I did! I only stayed the one night because I wanted to be at home with my family, but all of the staff were great! I felt really well looked after and was so pleased that I got my natural water birth