+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What was your birthing experience like at Maitland Public Hospital?

We are thinking about having a third baby and I would like to know what ladies think about Maitland Public Hospital. DS1 and DS2 were born at Newcastle Private; however, Maitland is much closer for us and private (namely my OB)has gotten a whole lot more expensive since DS2 (born 2011).
    There is a possibility that if I have a third it may be a c-section due to complications. (DS1 was VB, DS2 was emergancy c-section.)
    Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bump I would like to know this I just found out I had GD and can't give birth at mysmall hospital. I will be having a c-section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my baby there 10wks ago and couldn't fault them. I booked in as a private patient in public hospital they guaranteed no excess got a private room, meals were decent everyone was lovely I came and went as I pleased between ward and scn they came to find me to check my obs first 24hrs. They were quite hands off during labour. I would have another baby there definitely. I had GD too. If you wanted anymore info pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i would love to hear feedback as well, we are moving to the hunter valley in the next few months and planning on ttc shortly too!! I just assumed newcastle private was the only option as ive heard not too good things about john hunter

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you birth at Maitland public and everything goes well you can transfer to Maitland private the same day. Maitland private doesn't have birthing facilities. I was going to do this but as bub required special care nursery for five days cause of GD I couldn't but they did do everything to get me a private room in public hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingInTheFlames View Post
    Oh i would love to hear feedback as well, we are moving to the hunter valley in the next few months and planning on ttc shortly too!! I just assumed newcastle private was the only option as ive heard not too good things about john hunter
    Really, I haven't heard anything bad about JHH and I had both my kids there and it was great.

My friend had her babies at Maitland Public Hospital and her first child she didn't have a great experience (that was 4/5 years ago) but her second was a better experience (last year).

I have heard good things about Maitland though.

It's like most things, everyone has a different experience and opinion.
    Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews

2butterfly what ob did you go with?

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't go with an ob just straight midwife care through hospital. Appointments were all at mt pleasant cottage down street next to hospital so no problems with parking. Ob did come in after I delivered otherwise midwife all the way and they were great. Best of all did not cost me a cent.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2Butterfly View Post
    I had my baby there 10wks ago and couldn't fault them. I booked in as a private patient in public hospital they guaranteed no excess got a private room, meals were decent everyone was lovely I came and went as I pleased between ward and scn they came to find me to check my obs first 24hrs. They were quite hands off during labour. I would have another baby there definitely. I had GD too. If you wanted anymore info pm me.
    Good to know. I'm going to be having my twins there hopefully in about 7-8 weeks. I did book in as public but have decided I may try and get a private room. How did you manage to not have to pay an excess? Did they provide everything for your baby e.g. Clothes, Nappies etc. I have gd too so that along with the twins factor I have no doubt these bubs will be in scu for a bit!!

Thanks
    Reviews

There was a sign on admissions office about no out of pocket expenses that's the only reason I booked in private. In scn they supplied everything. Good luck with your twins. Scn staff were great.