+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this morning sickness

Im almost 8 weeks pregnant with #2. I never vomited with my first would just feel quesy eat and be ok ish. I had started the same way with this one, just more tired than I remember being last time.

This morning I woke up not feeling the best, couldn't decide if I should go to work as I had moments of feeling ok. Decided in the end I didn't feel well enough to drive and my dh got me a couple of biscuits to eat in bed.

Since he left for work I've thrown up about 5 times and have also 'lost my stomach' on the loo once. I can't seem to keep any food down, even half a cruskit comes back up and I'm ok with water if I have some just after I throw up but if I leave it too long it seems cause me to vomit again. My temp is normal so I was just wondering if this is morning sickness or could it be a bug - im kind of hoping for a bug as I don't think I can maintain this for too much longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds exactly like morning sickness to me, and unfortunately it's probably going to be around for a while..

It's funny, I didnt think I could put up with it much longer either, and here I am at 16 weeks still rocking in my bed because I feel that sick. We just cope hun.
    If you are throwing up everything you eat, i'd recommend not eating for half a day and then trying again and only tiny amounts, nibbles of dry stuff.

Fingers crossed it's just a bug though!!! If it is still this bad tomorrow, i'd pop along to the docs just to make sure everything is okay..if it is morning sickness, he can give you something called maxalon to help you stop throwing up.
    Last edited by GothChick; 20-04-2012 at 12:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's pretty full on to start ms like that. hopefully it's just a bug, as that sort of ms would be awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sounds exactly like my first pregnancy..... omg, and the time would just drag.... so many times i would cry to my husband that i just cannot cope with this, even handsoap and deoderant/perfumes would set me off.. i just think you need to find whatever it is that you can eat... in my instance it was rice bubbles and strawberries... and that was pretty much it. but it was better than nothing... on pregnancy number 2 i felt super quesy but no vomiting and now with an unexpected pregnancy again at 9 weeks i feel horribly quesy and have no appetite so im just desperately hoping this is the worst it'll get. maxalon didn't work for me the first time unfortunately.

what kind of pregnancy vitamins are you taking? i was taking elevit and found myself even more sick whilst on these. i don't know if it's to do with the high iron content.... (cos i have heard high iron content can make u feel sick).... i changed to blackmores, was a bit better, then just to a basic folate tablet and was even better..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm still vomiting, not that there's been much to vomit all day. I'm using black mores as elevit made me feel yuk last time. If this continues I have no idea how I'm going to continue to function at work and looking after my son. I would easily have vomited over 12 times so far today and im sure it's not over. I can't keep water down so in a little concerned and I think if it continues over night I'll try and get a locum dr out as I don't feel well enough to go anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If the vomiting continues and it's not gastro, go to the doctor and get zofran. It's expensive, unfortunately as it's not covered by PBS, but some of it may be covered by a PHI extras policy, if you have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My morning sickness with DD started at exactly 8 weeks and as suddenly as that too. I was working out at the gym one evening at 8 weeks, started to feel queasy on my way home in the car. By the night time I had thrown up and had to call in sick the next day at work and threw up all day. I then spent the next 5 weeks on and off staying at my mum and stepdad's house because I was too sick to look after DS.

I hope you feel better soon, morning sickness SUCKS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    awwww.... you will get thru this.. it's just hard when you have someone else to look after too. hope u get well quick.