+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp's family always say Aunty or uncle but with no name. I found it weird been called Aunty by someone 4 years younger then me! But that's his tradition. My family don't . Some of my cousins do though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No my favourite Aunt hated being called aunt or aunti so I stopped calling any of them that names.

I now hate being called it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still use auntie and uncle but put their name after the title the same as I always did growing up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yep sure do they are 50 and 60 so feels weird not too. same as
    my grandma and nanna I don't call them by there first names as never have- to me they are my grandma and nanna not friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Slightly off topic, but DH nieces call me by my nickname, not Aunty xx and I hate it. They are 10 and 13 and although I haven't been around their whole life, I have been with their uncle for 6 years. I wish they would call me Aunty xx as I think it is respectful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends who it is in our fam, i still call my blood uncles wife 'aunty' even though they have been divorced 20 yrs. Yet i hardly call him uncle coz he is a loser. My mums aunties i call aunty xxx and my dads best friends have always been uncle wal and aunty liz. My kids call their aunties partners uncle, same as im aunty sarah to his nieces and nephews. My mum calls her parents by their first names, but not to their face.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never called my Aunty and Uncle, aunty and uncle. Have only ever used first names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I dont really unless im referring to then to jasper because they are now 'his' uncle and aunt. Mostly though because I mainly see my mothers youngest brother and sister and they arent a lot older than me, and my son and daughter are both older than my uncles first baby with his fiancee (hes 3 days old) so... Yeah... It would feel weird to call them uncle & aunty. (so weird that baby is my cousin)

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never really done the auntie/uncle thing and it was never an issue. I don't expect or really want to be called Auntie either and don't encourage my DS to say it. DH does though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I still call them Uncle and Aunty. My brother doesn't. I think it's weird to not call them that though... and kind of disrepectful... like "now I'm an adult, you don't deserve that title anymore." I don't stop calling my grandmother "Nan," and my Dad is still "Dad," so why does it stop for other relatives?