+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Close pregnancies

Hi all.. Just wondering if anyone has fallen pregnant within the first 12 months of having a baby? And how did you cope?

I have a 5 month old DD and am just getting settled into being a mummy, but have had similar feelings of sickness as when I was first pregnant and could cry at anything atm. I don't want to do a test as I'm too scared to consider what life would be like if I was pregnant again But know I need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, I am subscribing as I fell pregnant with when ds2 was 9 months. And although we were ttc I am not as happy as I hoped I would be ( Might be the hormones too though, so I am looking forward to (hopefully) reading lots of encouraging posts lol
    Completely forgot to add, the hormones change a lot during the first year (depends on if you are breastfeeding or not), so you might experience really ANY kind of hormonal things which does not have to be pregnancy at all!
    Last edited by Nicky2006; 20-04-2012 at 10:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't offer any advise but just wanted to say until you know don't stress, it could be a blessing if you are. What would be bad about it?? You have everything you need already if its the same sex you already have all the clothes if not then you might be lucky and have some nuteral ones that they would wear anyway. You'd only need another cot. I say that because I would have loved to have had twins. DS is now 5 months and we are trying for number 2 now. I have my fingers crossed that we have number 2 growing already. I hope for your sake you find out either way the best thing for you. Good luck.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyD1990 View Post
    Hi all.. Just wondering if anyone has fallen pregnant within the first 12 months of having a baby? And how did you cope?

I have a 5 month old DD and am just getting settled into being a mummy, but have had similar feelings of sickness as when I was first pregnant and could cry at anything atm. I don't want to do a test as I'm too scared to consider what life would be like if I was pregnant again But know I need to.
    I have 14 months between my 2, (planned) so DS was the same age as your DD, when I found out I was PG again...

Surprisingly for me it wasn't so bad, even though I was suffering PND...
    I didn't have to chase him around or entertain him a great deal in the dreaded first trimester with MS and when dd was born he wasn't old enough to get jealous and because he was still a baby himself I didn't feel so over whelmed with the sleepless nights and round the clock feeding/ changing/burping etc...

Now at almost 2 and 9 months they absolutely adores each other and are starting to play and I love it, I wouldn't change it for anything...

Don't get me wrong some days it can be hard but you will be surprised how well you adapt and just do it like it's nothing at all

Goodluck, feel free to pm me if you want to chat or ask anything else xx
    Last edited by Madame Mayhem; 20-04-2012 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nicky, im pregnant 9mths after DD1 as well, and we had decided if it happens it happens, but it happened within the first 4wks of stopping the pill. Like you, i'm not as excited as i hoped, but i have had the worst morning sickness, i take zofran every morning, and DD is just exhausting coming up to her 1st birthday and shes always on the go. Just wish i had the energy to keep up. But in saying that, a newborn scares the crap out of me but im looking forward to my kids being the best of friends, I'm sure DD is going to make one awesome big sister.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kabe For This Useful Post:

Nicky2006  (20-04-2012)